Monday, June 19, 2006

Dudes, he's encroaching on my decrees!

Heat makes me cranky. Which lowers my tolerance for, well, just about everything. So here is a list of things that has pissed me off in the last week.

*Tourists. For some reason, my hometown is inundated every summer with tourists. Why the hell they choose here for a vacation is beyond me. Really, are our lakes that fabulous? You have to come here? And upon arriving, must you do the following?
**Turn left at the right-turn-only sign?
**Stop when there's no stop sign?
**Ignore the stop sign when there is one?
**Walk around half-naked when you're 50+, fat, and hairy?

*Interruptions. Every time I speak, someone interrupts. Can I just finish one fucking sentence, please?

*People taking over my job. Unless I ask for help with something, I think I should be given the benefit of the doubt that I am, in fact, competent enough to do daily work activities.

*Junk for sale. I went to garage sales this weekend with my grandma and Nikki, and most of the places had a lot of decent stuff. But then there was inevitably places with nothing but complete trash that should just be thrown away. Yeah, sir, I'm really glad I stopped by to check out your one table of beer can coolers, Ziplock bag of costume jewelry, 3 western books, TV trays, your Shop Class-style lamp, and a box of dingy, used shoes. Oh, and the brand new leather recliner with the $500 price tag. Thanks for advertising.

*Old, smelly men in the library. That's self-explanatory.

*And a million other things, but I'm getting too cranky just writing this list.

8 comments:

i i eee said...

Boo to stinky old fartsy men!

Did you buy anything cool at one of the garage sales?

April said...

I got some baby clothes for Nikki and a little mobile type thing for her. And I got Jersey a fairy costume for Halloween. It's still in the package! :)

i i eee said...

Ooh, love them fairy costumes.

Good finds!

redlaw said...

dude, i am so with you on the heat issue - my bitch-o-meter just about breaks once we go above 85 degrees out here. i don't like sweat, i don't like heat rashes and i hate everything else too.

so i feel your pain...and have you noticed that the library gets more (smelly) crazies when it's super hot out?

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya. I don't handle heat well. Not only do I get cranky, but I get physically sick too.

Anonymous said...

Rape, I think you need to get some. :)

N

Kristen said...

Breathing makes me crabby.

April said...

Redlaw, Yes, the crazies are out with a vengeance during heat waves. I should start wearing one of those surgical masks to work to keep out the stench.

Dawn, Yeah, I did actually get sick from the heat over the weekend. Blah.

N, You may be on to something there. Hook me up with a hot boy. Or a decent boy. Or a boy who is living. Whatever.

K-Lo, I know. Believe me, I know.