Saturday, March 14, 2009

This and that

I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging. But there are so many other venues for informing friends what's going on in my life that I just get lazy when it comes to my blog. I try to be creative on Twitter, on MySpace, on Facebook, in my writing group. Leaves me too tired for anything else.

So, what's new?

Jersey, 4-1/2, and Aaliyah, 2-1/2, are both getting baptized tomorrow morning into our Lutheran church. Which reminds me, I need to buy some white tights. Uh, for the girls, not for me. My legs already look like white tights.

We're having a small lunch afterward at my grandparents' house. I will be making my magically delicious crab salad. It's Mmm, Mmm good. I know, I'm mixing my food slogans, but I'm really okay with that.

Went to Rachel's (work Rachel) house last night for some Guitar Hero. Her dog is psycho, btw. Then we watched The Dark Knight. It was my first time watching it since opening night in the theaters, so I was anxious to see if it was as good as I remembered. It was better. There are very few times when "villains" actually do their job in scaring me, and even though I'd seen the movie before, Heath Ledger still creeped the bejeezus out of me. The Dark Knight kicks The Watchmen's ass down the road and back again.

And I may start taking a closer look at moving on. From this town, I mean, not the world. haha. *fingers crossed* My grandmother's Alzheimer's is progressing steadily worse. If--when--she goes to a nursing home, I'll need to find somewhere else to live. I'm pretty sure I'll head north, back to Superior. I miss it up there.

I wish I knew how to post videos from my phone to the blog. Ya'll are missing out on some cute Jersey & Aaliyah moments. Especially Jerz's "old chap!" clips. HUHlarious!

Tonight I'm meeting my Facebook Book It! group for the first time in Eau Claire! I know most of the people already, but I'll make some new acquaintances. Plus, hello? There will be pizza, and it will be goooood.

1 comment:

i i eee said...

This post makes me fungry.

Love the HP countdown. Unite!