Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baptithed

Jersey and Aaliyah were baptised a couple of weeks ago. Or as Aaliyah says, "baptithed." She has a lisp. It's hilarious. You should hear her say "shrimp."

Anyway, despite three people bringing cameras to the church to document the christening, we got barely any pictures. All the cameras died. Very mysterious. As I stood up to sponsor the girls, along with my brother and sister for each other's daughter, I heard a loud stage whisper behind me: "THE CAMERA DIED!" Ay yi yi.

Aaliyah was baptized first, the pastor sprinkling water across her forehead. Then after he repeated the action with Jersey, Aaliyah cried out, "Do it again!!" She also cried out a lot of other things during the entire service: "Where's Auntie April?" "Are we done yet?" "Can we have pancakes?"

During a short children's service, where any kids in attendance go up to speak with the pastor, Jersey was the lone participant. The message was supposed to be about how the words of the Bible are sweeter than honey. So the pastor asked Jerz if she liked sweet things, then held the microphone to her mouth. She just nodded. Then he said, "What is your favorite type of sweet things?" He held the mic out again. She replied, quite matter-of-factly, "Sugar!" The congregation cracked up. The pastor chuckled, saying, "Boy, you went straight for it, didn't you?" haha.

So, here's the one pic I was able to snap before my camera rebelled. Such little ladies.


When I got back home, I changed the camera batteries and was able to take a few more pictures. Then, mysteriously, the camera died another death. DUM-DUM-DUUUMMM!

I did take a pic of Jersey since she was the first one seated at the table for lunch. It made me laugh because when I was little, I also was always the first one ready to eat. (Cuz that's totally changed now... Er...) Here's my uncle Don with the Werz.

This actually is from my cousin's children's baptisms about a month ago. The theme is the same, so I included these for your enjoyment. Look at those cheeseballs.

One last pic of LiLi. She was shy around all the strangers. She barely left Gram's (my mom) side.

2 comments:

i i eee said...

Absolutely adorable.

Amanda said...

I love how they're holding their candles like light sabers. They know how to make a baptism ten times cooler!