Saturday, April 21, 2007

Interview'd!

So, I stole this from the lovely Chica, who got it from somewhere else, and so on and so on. Chica emailed me five interview questions, which I will now post and answer.

1. Who has been the greatest love of your life so far? (It can be a lover, a friend, a relative, anyone you love/have loved.)
While my love supply was severely depleted by that enigma known as Tony, hands down the greatest love of my life has been my niece, Jersey. I've watched her grow from this tiny creature who captivated me with her fragility, innocence, and dependence, to this beautiful little girl who is wildly creative, super smart, and so hilarious that she's left me in tears. Obviously, I love Aaliyah, also. But since I don't get to see her very often, our bond isn't as strong. Jersey has been a part of my life almost daily since the night she was born. I can't imagine loving anyone more.

2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
This one is a bit more difficult. Most of my childhood memories are filled with things children shouldn't have to be exposed to. I guess the earliest memory I can recall with fondness, without it being marred by an evil step-father (I've had two) or one of my mom's ex-boyfriends, is when I traveled out to Washington state with my grandparents. I was only 14, so I couldn't help my grandpa drive. I loaded up on Drammamine because I get carsick, and I read probably 20 books there and back. I got to see Glacier Park in Montana, Mount Rainier and Mount St. Helens in Washington, the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota, and Mount Rushmore. All while listening to Aerosmith's Get a Grip album. There's nothing freakier than listening to "Livin' on the Edge" while actually driving on the edge of a mountainside.

3. Why do you blog?
I started blogging in early 2001 as a way of expressing my feelings, albeit in an open forum where strangers could lurk and/or comment. I was still in college at the time and needed a way to vent my frustrations over a crappy relationship, my class work, and family dramas. I've continued blogging because I like it. I like to entertain, make people laugh. And it's nice to get feedback on some personal issues. Mostly, the people who read my blog have become friends, and I don't want to lose that connection.

4. What is your biggest ambition?
The same as any other former English major, to write the great American novel. Of course, it would help if I had some idea to work from. Details, details.

5. What makes you feel better when you're feeling blue?
Bridget Jones's Diary. Elephant Tracks ice cream. My blue and green robot blanket. Phantom Planet's "Lonely Day." SNL's Best of Chris Farley. Kristen, Krista, and Jolene. People tripping in public. Reading my favorite blogs. Jersey. Fluff books. Daydreaming about certain boys.

Okay, ladies and gents. That's my interview. If you are interested in your own interview, read on.
- Leave me a comment including your email address saying, “Interview me!”
- I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick them, and you have to answer them all. Or else.
- You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.- You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
- When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

11 comments:

Carina said...

I'm in!

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

So interview me (and don't be disappointed if I take a few posts to answer -- London is at the forefront of my mind right now :))

Chica said...

Aww, I love it when you talk about Jersey, particularly when she makes you say "She is so stinking cute!"

I totally need an ideas (wo)man too. Those details eh? Gotta love 'em.

x

April said...

Azucar, questions are on the way.

Tiff, will send them as soon as I have your email addy. No rush. Enjoy London!

Chica, prepare for cuteness. I'm going to be putting up some more pics of the girls. :)

N.F. said...

My #5 is watching "Ocean's 11" and "SNL's The Best of Will Ferrell". I swear, I love that man so much! Well, him and George, that is.

i i eee said...

I'll play. :)

N.F. said...

And, I know that we don't "know" each other--but I'd love to play with you, too! :)

April said...

Noelle, send me your email addy so I can pass along some questions. :)

atsirk said...

What makes you happy? People tripping in public.....LMAO!! This is why you're one of the greatest people ever. EVER!

April said...

:) I knew you'd appreciate that. Take THAT, Chelli!

N.F. said...

here(_)n(_)now(_)1 at y a h o o.

:)