Thursday, April 17, 2008

"There's something strange in the neighborhood..."

There were multiple local UFO sightings Monday evening. No shizz. My friend Pete at the newspaper where I used to work accompanied a reporter to sketch what witnesses had seen. Here is his awesome artist's rendering:




And on Tuesday evening, my aunt Barb and I went to a local library for an author's presentation. His name is Chad Lewis, and he's co-author of a line of books that feature haunted locations in various states. I purchased a copy of The Wisconsin Road Guide to Haunted Locations. It breaks up the state into different regions and gives both local lore of locations, plus the actual history and results of any investigation they did. Big shock, most of the ghost stories end up having no factual evidence to support their claims. I guess that just makes it all the more special when the authors/investigators do find unexplained phenomena.

Lewis' presentation was interesting. He had a slide show highlighting stories around the Indianhead region. My aunt and I were two of the most normal people who showed up. And why, WHY do I always end up sitting in front of freaking big-mouthed idiots? Whether it's at a concert, the movie theatre, etc., the person(s) behind me always pisses me off. Throughout the author's presentation, Gabby McShutYourPieHole flapped her lips to her friend Rudie VanJerkface.

Last Sunday, my sister and I went to an auction/concert to benefit a local library and senior center in its need to combine forces and inhabit one building. In the silent auction, I had the winning bid on a locomotive ride for two. It's only about an 8-mile ride, but I'm taking Jersey because she gets so excited every time she hears a train go by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a good aunt...

UFOs creep me out.

April said...

I really wanted to see one, though! Of course, I probably would have dirtied my pants, and no one wants that.