Thursday, June 19, 2008

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

In case you haven't been paying attention to my Twitter sidebar, here's what you missed: my mom and sister and I are going to see the Backstreet Boys in concert at the Minnesota State Fair in August! And you know what? I could care less if you think that's lame. We're going to have an awesome time, while you'll sit home alone eating Hot Pockets.

So in preparation for the concert, I'm putting together a boy band mix CD, comprised of songs from NKOTB, BSB (obviously), N*Sync, 98*, and Five. Any other suggestions? I'd also offer to send you a copy, dear reader, but I doubt I'll get any requests for one anyway. Hmph.

Other funny and/or annoying things:

My co-worker at the newspaper was just walking into my work area (the break room) when a customer came into the front part of the office.
Co-Worker: Hey, Butch!
Me: I really hope you were talking to the guy who just walked in.

12-year-old at library, getting turned down from a high-five by Jersey.
Boy: I remember when she was little and she used to be my friend. But then--
Me: She matured and you stayed at the same level?
Boy: No!
Other Boy: Yeah, pretty much!

On the phone with Pennsylvania friend:
PF: I'm tellin' ya, you gotta come visit me one of these days. You have to check out the people.
Me: Why?
PF: Well, what do you imagine Connecticut or Boston people to be like? Kinda sophisticated?
Me: I guess so.
PF: Well, the people here are like a cross between Connecticut sophisticated and rednecks. It's so bizarre.
Me: Weird.
PF: I know. I'm really disappointed because one of my boobs is bigger than the other.
Me: Wha? How did we get to that subject?
PF: Cuz I'm checking out my boobs. And one is definitely bigger than the other. I think the kids must've sucked on the other one too hard when they were breastfeeding.
Me: Okay, gross. I'm done with this topic.

Jersey and Aaliyah coloring with BlendiPen markers:
Aaliyah: Cotter! Cotter!
Me: Yes, you can color, too.
Aaliyah: Cotter! Cotter! Cotter!
Me: I know! You're coloring. Quit saying "cotter!"
Aaliyah: *leans in closer* Cotter!
Me: Argh.
Aaliyah: Cotter! Cotter!
Me: Welcome back!
Aaliyah: Cotter!
Me: Jersey, what are you coloring?
Jersey: A color fusion rollercoaster.
Me: Wha??
Aaliyah: COTTER!

So, this guy at the CA library has been in every day that I work there, and he seems to have a bit of a crush on me. And he's ... slow. If you know what I mean. I have to help him on the computer every two seconds, where he tries to win me prizes from the Burger King web site's contest. And he keeps asking if I'm single. And he always likes my rings and wants to buy some for himself. And yesterday he pulled up the sleeve of his T-shirt, revealing on his pale upper arm a fake tattoo of a 1950s pin-up girl, half worn off. "Her name is April!" he says. "'Hi, April,'" he makes his tattoo say. I have no response.

Such is my life.

12 comments:

April said...

Hi. My name is April also, and I love. your. blog. *envy* (pitiful and green).

Carina said...

Well, if his tattoo is named April, you have no choice, you must submit to his will. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Maybe he's not really slow like on that episode of Just Shoot Me and he's only pretending so he doesn't have to get a job.

If he's hot and not really slow, I say go for it. ;)

April said...

Flexing, I love green! You're welcome to stay!

Zuc, Refuse'd!

Towr, Um, no.

April said...

Thank you. I think I will. :)

As for Mr. Slow? Sic him on one of the cell phone high school girls. They can feed each other tater tots.

April said...

HA!

I forgot to mention that he also waggled his arm/shoulder at me as he made the fake tattoo speak.

N.F. said...

Could Tevin Campbell go on your mix CD?

:)

April said...

Tevin Campbell??? You've got a good memory! I remember the name, but I can't remember his face or any of his songs. (And this is even after I looked him up online!)

Anyone remember Tommy Page? "I'll Be Your Everything." NKOTB sang back-up. AND he made a guest appearance on Full House, where Stephanie had a major crush on him, and he rewrote one of his songs to say Stephanie for her birthday. Ah, good times.

N.F. said...

Tommy Page...I was thinking of Timmy something...he sang, "One More Try" (or something like that).

Oh, and I have a blog that's private...not that I'm scamming for comments or commenters (ha) but if you'd like an invite, let me know.

I'm not too proud to ask.

April said...

Same guy!

Sure, send me an invite. newdorktimes at gmail dot com.

N.F. said...

Is it the same guy? Wasn't his name Timmy T or something?

What about Color Me Badd?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great blog.Nice work.Also visit mine.Visit my first and second site.thanks.bye