Saturday, June 14, 2008

"There is no charge for awesomeness ... or attractiveness."

Last night I took Jersey and Amanda to our town's new drive-in movie theater to see Kung Fu Panda, starring the voice talents of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Seth Rogen and David Cross. Oh, and stupid Jerkface Jolie. (I don't care how many kids you adopt, Jolie, you still look greasy and stinky.)

There's a play area in the front of the field for kids/families to waste time until it gets dark enough to show the movie, so we let Jersey run amok with all the other hooligans while Amanda and I stood off to the side watching. I whispered to my sister that I hoped it didn't look like we were lesbians watching "our" daughter, then took a step further away from her.

After a while we pulled Jerz away from all the wild kids, made her go to the bathroom, then stood in line at the concession stand ... behind The Devil. *groan* She still comes into the library all the time, so I have to be nice, but ugh. It felt like for.ev.er before we got to place our orders. The young man working the register? Hawt! (He looked like this guy!) I ordered us popcorn, drinks, and Pop Rocks (for Jersey, of course).

Young Man: And which kind of Pop Rocks would you like? We have red, blue, and tropical punch.
Me: *slightly drooling at hawtness* Um, I think we'll go with the red.
Young Man: Oh, excellent choice! *grins wickedly and ever so deliciously*
Me: *incoherent babbling*

The movie was pretty funny. I think it would have been even better if a certain three-year-old hadn't kept waving her red glo-stick in my face, "falling" backwards off the middle armrest into the backseat, whining about not being able to stay to watch the second feature (which was Crappyiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crap or something), and making me acknowledge every time she understood a plot point ... but what are ya gonna do? For her first movie experience, it wasn't too bad. Amanda really liked the movie. Like four times, she says, "April, we need to buy this movie!" And by "we," she meant me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see somebody hot working at a place like the movie theater or McDonald's, I console myself that I would never have a chance with such hotness that he's probably a loser and/or too stupid to get a higher paying job.

Shallow, I know. But did you really expect anything more from me?

Carina said...

OK, so I can take El Guille and he won't get bored? This is huge...

April said...

Towr, I agree, but I give him slack because he's young. Oh, and I WORK THREE PART-TIME JOBS MYSELF.

Zuc, AND, the movie didn't feel long, which is a God-send for parents taking small children to the theater.

N.F. said...

Oh, how I love it!

I used to live near a drive-in but it got tumbled for a stupid strip mall. I have such great memories of my childhood going to the drive-in. Good times. Sad times...I miss the past!

I've been wondering of Nephew #1 could sit thru that movie..he's 3 and a few months. How old again is your niece?

April said...

She'll be 4 in August.

Marie said...

There's a place in this world where drive-ins are being built rather than torn down? Do you have dragons there, too?

Do you think that the hotness of hot concession guy was aided at all by the fact that he was parked in a place people don't expect to find hotness? Would he have been as hot if you'd seen him on the catwalk?

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://motesicaso.wtcsites.com/masykora.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life