Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Click, Click, Click

This is going to be a lovely post about my adventure to the Twin Cities. I'll take you on a pictorial tour of St. Paul. Here we have the beautiful state library.


Wait. What's this? My sister and I at a concert? Hmm. What concert could it be?



Oh, that's right. NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!



Face time with Donnie Wahlberg.



Showing us they still have the right stuff.


For you closet Joey Mac fans.


Look! It's my boyfriend Jon Knight with his brother Jordan!



Jon and Joe. So close, yet so far away.



They surprised the crowd by popping up in the middle of the audience with a piano on a turning stage. It was hawt. I also have video, but I haven't listened to it to see if you could actually hear them and not just screaming fans (i.e. me).


Official concert verdict? Awesome.


So, I guess there was no tour of the Cities. Sorry. We did eat at a pricey restaurant with substandard fare, though. And it was totes awesome to see two college friends again, Jessica and Carolyn. I'd post their pic, but I didn't ask for their permission. I'm sensitive like that.

Opening act was some chick I'd never heard before. Teri Chynn or something. Up next was Natasha Bedingfield, who was pretty good. And NKOTB rocked the house, yo. It was the longest concert I've ever been to, and they were high-energy the entire time. And really funny, actually! The only bad thing was that the couple to my left were the biggest sticks in the mud ever. They never cheered, never sang along, never threw their hands in the air and waved them like they just didn't care. They sat through the first half, the girl lounging on her boyfriend's shoulder. Second half, they stood hugging and staring blankly. WTF? Don't go to a concert if you're going to act like that, lamies!

Carolyn and Jess had cheap seats, so they were on the other side of the Xcel Center. Amanda and I had awesome seats! Despite what it may look like by my crappy camera, we were actually quite close. Close enough to see facial expressions without looking at the giant screens.

If you have the opportunity to see NKOTB, but you're holding off because you're afraid they'll only play their new songs or that it just won't live up to your previous, 11-year-old expectations, fear not! They were so good! My sister and I knew almost every song, and Carolyn and Jess, who didn't know any of their new songs, had a great time. Carolyn, who is the last person you'd think of going to one of their concerts, kept repeating how awesome it was and that she was surprised at what a good time she had. So get off your butts and grab some tickets!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freakin Rocked My Nkotb Socks :D

Anonymous said...

Hmm you do make a compelling case. But I don't know if 11-year-old Rachel is really somebody that I want to be bringing back... She was even dorkier than 28-year-old Rachel. And that's saying something.

April said...

Uh, there were women in their late 30s wearing denim skirts, blue eyeshadow, and giant NKOTB buttons, screaming about wanting to show their boobies. Trust me, no one would give YOU weird looks. Unless you ended up being a boobie shower. Which wouldn't surprise me, you slut. ;)

Kristen said...

And...how are we friends?

April said...

Oh, so you DON'T want Christmas presents this year? No problem.

Marie said...

I was never much of a NKOTB fan, but I cannot throw stones. I jumped and screamed and nearly swooned at a Weird Al concert one year ago. I understand the feeling. And it's almost better now, because I'm less self-conscious these days.

Marie said...

She must have died from the joy of it all. In her sleep. With a smile on her face.

April said...

OMG. NKOTB? Really?! holeee. hey--I'been updatin', woman.