Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reason #4,381 I don't have a boyfriend

A few weeks ago when either Kristen was coming to visit me or I was going to visit her, I wrote in the email "See ya son!" I meant "See ya soon," but it spawned a phase where we've begun referring to each other as father/son.

Here's a conversation via Gmail chat from today. I was commenting on K-Lo's Gmail status, where she'd written "happy birfday april!"

Me: Awww, thanks for changing your gmail status just for me!

Kristen: Any time, son. Any time.

Me: You're a good dad. I don't care what anyone else says.

Kristen: I try my best, son. You know I couldn't always make it to your basketball/hockey/tennis games, but I was there in spirit.

Me: You were indeed. And the times you were there, well, you were drunk and obnoxious, sometimes even cheering for the opposite team. But I knew you meant well.

Kristen: I get confused sometimes, son. The crack doesn't help either.

Me: I told you to buy a belt.

Kristen: But you know I'd only whip you with it. That's why I only wear suspenders.

Me: True. You're always thinking ahead, Pop.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

We're awesome! It's awesome being so awesome! Birthday High Five!

Rachie said...

You two crack me up. You need to take your act on the road... I still laugh out loud sometimes when I think about visiting you in May. Best. Long weekend. Ever.

N.F. said...

HAHA. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You cracked me up with this post.