Friday, February 20, 2009

2009, an update

I'm sick of winter. Bring on spring already! There are rumors that next week will bring temp highs in the 40s. And in Wisconsin, that means shorts and tank tops. I mean, not me; I'd sweat to death before putting on shorts.

I joined a Facebook group that's reviving Book It! Remember when you were a kid and schools had Book It! challenges where you would read a certain number of books and earn a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut? Well, I think I enjoyed it a bit too much since my two favorite things are reading and eating, especially at the same time. *sigh* But I digress. I joined this group on Facebook, and we're gonna get together at a Pizza Hut next month. Fun!!

Kristen and I are going to see M. Ward in the Twin Cities in April, and then Neko Case the next day. I'm sure we'll hit the Mall of America, too. Will be a freaking awesome time! Maybe she'll knock some hotel sliding doors off their track again. One can only hope.

And in June I am packing my bags for a trip to Salt Lake City. It's part of our blogger exchange program. Last May, Towr came out here to visit, so now it's my turn. I'm hoping that Kristen will be able to come, too. And, fingers crossed, I'm hoping to finally meet RC and Azucar, as well. (Surprise, Zuc! Plenty of time to come up with an excuse not to meet me, though! haha)

2009 is looking pretty good so far.

7 comments:

j said...

Omg. If it really gets that warm I'll probably pee my pants of excitement. I'm still glad we haven't had subzero temps lately.

Carina said...

I'm completely excited :)

April said...

JKB, I know! Winter is a giant jerkface.

Zuc, Ditz! (short for ditto, coined by K-Lo)

N.F. said...

Hmm, I'm going to look into that Facebook thing...

N.F. said...

Which group on facebook? I just searched it and pulled up about 500+...

Rachie said...

Woooo for the blogger exchange program! Can't wait to have an excuse to pig out and skip church!

I'm sooo ready for summer. Then again, I have been since October.

I really need to move.

April said...

N.F., It's just a group of close, local friends, not one of those giant apps that thousands join. But you could start your own with friends! Or just update on ours what books you're reading.

Rach, I'm always ready for Not Winter.