Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The eats!

A very small selection of all the goodies I tried whilst on vacay. The first night we ate at a restaurant called Cafe Rio, which I truly enjoyed! Delish Mexican food. And the second day RC and Towr talked me into trying my very first sushi restaurant. At Shogun, I had some tempura (?) veggies: carrots, potatoes, zucchini, and, I think, shrimp. Or was it crab?

Then, on to the sushi rolls. We tried four rolls: spicy tuna (which I confess I never did try), the Vegas, the Shogun, and the California roll. Official verdict? Meh. I'm really glad I tried it, though, and especially with the Rachels.
After attending a farmers market where we got rained out, Towr and I headed to Bruges, a place specializing in Belgian waffles and fries. I ordered the vanilla waffle with dark Belgian chocolate and fresh sliced strawberries. Delish! But I also pigged out on Rachel's order of fries, which, I kid you not, were the. best. fries. I've EVER eaten. Nothing will ever compare. *sigh*


And at a fast food place called Iceberg, you could get a regular soda or a mini shake with your meal. I ordered the house special triple berry mini shake, and Rachel got the butterscotch. I expected a drink smaller than the small size. Yeah. These were bigger than a large size. Maybe they don't know what "mini" means? Also? Not really a shake since you had to eat it with a spoon. Yummy, nonetheless.

6 comments:

petullant said...

Please come to SC so I can introduce you to SOUTHERN SUSHI. It involves fried chicken and bbq sauce.

April said...

God bless America. Also? You are the final blog buddy I have left to meet!

Rachie said...

I still feel terrible that you didn't like the sushi OR Crown Burger. SIGH! But at least you liked the cherry and chocolate shake from Ab's, right? And The Pie was good, right? And... I'm sure we ate other stuff that was good, right? :)

Yeah, those fries were INsane. The waffle was delish, too. If you live in the SLC area, you need to get your buns down to Bruges on 300 S at about 350 West. AWE-SOME.

Kristen said...

April doesn't like any food that doesn't contain beef. Don't feel bad, Rachie!

April said...

Dork.

Rachie said...

Kristen,

Yeah, April really likes beef **stifles snorty chuckle**.