Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Exploring the city!

Here we are at the LDS convention center. Rich history, blah blah blah, OOH! A mirror! Let's take a picture!

Some pretty glass thing hanging above a water fountain.

On the roof of the convention center, in front of yet another water fountain.

Across the way, the LDS temple. I think.

At the Daughters of the Pioneers museum, I literally gasped "LIZ LEMON?" when I saw this portrait of a pioneer.

The view from the top of the Salt Lake City Public Library.

Why didn't I take a picture of the library itself? No idea.

RC and I pose with the mountains behind us. Such beautiful weather there.

Towr and I. This is also on top of the library roof.

We then drove through the canyon and pulled over at this reservoir.

I suggested we start climbing up this mountain/giant hill.

You can see what I shortly thought of my hiking suggestion.

But the view was worth it!

Worth the heart palpitations, ragged breathing, and cough that lingered for next two days.


4 comments:

Rachie said...

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you--the view was not worth the short hike. Haha! But good times, for sure!

I really enjoyed the conference center (yes, that was the Salt Lake Temple you saw through the window), and it's FREAKY how much that pioneer woman looked like Tina Fey! (Tina's prettier and undoubtedly way funnier than that lady, though.)

Here are some pictures of the Salt Lake Library (ranked #69 of top 150 American structures [heh heh, 69]) taken by somebody else and stolen from online:

http://blueroof.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/salt-lake-city-public-library.png

http://www.architecture.uwaterloo.ca/faculty_projects/terri/steel/gallery_images/salt_library/DSCN3873_resize.JPG

http://www.vanillajoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/slc-library-3.jpg

It was so fun to go do all that stuff with you. I'd never done most of it before! You know how it is when you live somewhere, you never go see anything because it's always there so what's the rush? But SLC does have some wicked cool stuff, and I'm glad I got to see them with you and RC.

j said...

Ooo, I miss that great SLC library :)

Are you going to go wade in the Great Salt Lake?

Kristen said...

That's exactly how I'd feel after a hike!

April said...

Tina Fey: The Pioneer Days.

JKB: Nope. Didn't wanna stink.