Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 - So far, so awesome

Dear 2010, so far? You're pretty effing awesome. First off, there was the Weekend of Wilco.
Topped off by seeing my college crush. (Still hot, btw.)
Then I saw John Mayer in concert.
And Saturday in Eau Claire at a chinese restaurant, who did I spy scooping some delicious delights? None other than one of my frequent go-to daydream boys, Justin Vernon, of Bon Iver.
I freaked out. I immediately texted Kristen: OMG! I THINK I SEE JUSTIN V!!!
Kristen: Where the f**k are you?
Me: (Chinese Name) in Eau Claire! I'm shaking! I need to go snoop and make sure!
Kristen: Omg omg omg omg! Go hump his leg!
But I didn't. I sat in my seat telling myself it would be rude to go interrupt his meal to tell him I would love to make beautiful music with him. In bed, of course. I can't play instruments or sing.
So we (me, my sister and niece) got up to leave, and there he was. I swiftly walked through the exit and sat next to the wishing pond, wishing for courage. My sister went back and told him her sister was too chicken to tell him how much she liked his music. He was funny. I won't tell you what he said because I'd like to keep some part of it private. But it was pretty hilarious. And she shook his hand and said he smiled the whole time.
Damn me and my crippling shyness.
Pretty sure that's one of his brothers next to him. And look, JV's got ice cream with sprinkles. Awwww. Do me now.
Also, I texted Kristen that I'm going to see Bret Michaels in concert Thursday night. (My friend is a big fan; I'm keeping her company.)
Kristen: FRIENDSHIP OVER.
Me: Good. I'm free to chase after JV then.
Kristen: FRIENDSHIP BACK ON.
OOOOHH! And if you're in the market for new music, Anais Mitchell's "Hadestown" is un-freaking-believable. Honestly, though it was just released, it has already jumped to the top five albums I've ever heard. It features vocals by Justin Vernon, Greg Brown, Ani DiFranco and more.

6 comments:

April said...

Editors Note: Obviously, I will never have JV. But a girl can dream, right? RIGHT?

Anonymous said...

You are the most quotable person ever. If pressed to choose a favourite, "JV's got ice cream with sprinkles. Awwww. Do me now." would probably be up there for me!

TOWR said...

Well, at least now you know if you ever run into him again he'll be cool and you can talk to him. YAY!

Mmm, ice cream with sprinkles.

April said...

Chica, HAHAHA! I'm glad I'm cracking up more people than just myself. :)

TOWR, True! I'm gonna go for it next time. (Dear God, please let there be a next time.)

Chica said...

I'm sorry, but it's totally going on my FB status. If you hate this idea let me know and I will take it down forthwith! x

Kristen said...

God, we're hilarious! FRIENDSHIP BACK ON! hahahahhahahaha!