Sunday, March 07, 2010

Battle Studies

Um... I may have mentioned in passing that I like John Mayer? Right. It's possible that it's deeper than that.
Anyway, my co-worker Julie and I went to see him in concert Tuesday night in Minneapolis, MN. I saw him in 2007 in Madison, blog account of it here, and it was about 100 times better this time around. I mean, the music was just as excellent, but this time he interacted more, used the whole stage, and there was a jumbo screen so even those of us at the very back could see him.
Here are my fave and best pics I got.


Steve Jordan! I was super excited that he was the drummer at this concert. He's part of the John Mayer Trio. He's phenomenal.




Really fun concert, despite seat confusion. We were in the right row and seat, wrong section. Hot boy in argyle sweater was very polite and sweet about it, though. Then when we got to the right section, some snotty girls were in our seats and were all, "Kkeh. (sound of disgust) Can't you just sit over there?"
Fave songs played: "Gravity," "Vultures," "Belief," "Why Georgia." He has a really cool way of blending or doing a mash-up of different songs. (Think "Glee." Back on in April!)
For now, there are no other concerts on the horizon. Boo! But don't cry for me, Argentina. The truth is there will be music, and I will find it.

No comments: