Sunday, February 18, 2007

April's Private Diary. Warning!! Stay out or I'll SO kick your ass!

Dear Diary,

I had so much fun this past week with Krista! BFF! Yay! We're totally the coolest people ever!!
Anyway, like, on Tuesday I drove about 4.5 hours down to CK's place. And she like, lives on a farm? So I totally got to see the countryside and her dogs and cats. Oh, and I even got to see pheasants!

On Wednesday we watched nonstop episodes of Veronica Mars, Season One. I so got Krista hooked on the show! Both of us wish we could hang out with Veronica cuz she's the coolest. Anyway, later that night, Krista's mom, Sharon, drove us to Madison to see John Mayer! We were, like, SO excited!! Our seats were up in the third section, on an angle from the stage. I took pics, but we were kinda far away so they're a little blurry. Better than nothing, though!

But first was the opening act. Ever hear of Mat Kearney? I hadn't, either, until his last song of the set. Then I was like, "Oh, yeah! I love that song!" The sucky part of the concert, though, was this super annoying girl in front of us. She kept screaming all the words to Mat Kearney's songs, like she was trying to impress the rest of us or something. But she wasn't even watching him. She kept looking at her friends. Then she'd get up and dance (badly) and flail her arms around. The guy sitting next to me, who was right behind the annoying girl, kept getting pissed off. I heard him bitching about her to his girlfriend, and I started laughing. He says to me, "I'm sorry, but she's f***ing annoying." So then we just kept making fun of her. Thankfully, the girl and her friends relocated during JM's set.
So, speaking of which, I totally screamed my little heart out!! John's second song had been in my head for days, so I was excited to hear him start singing it. And at one point he said to the audience, "I know it's Valentine's Day, but most of my songs aren't about love. So, I kinda feel like you guys are getting screwed."

This pic is off JM's official site from our concert.


Another from the Valentine's concert. Isn't he hot? Mmmm... I like to think he was searching the crowd for me.

Here's a few that I took.

One of the very few times he actually came to our side of the stage. C'mon, John! Dispense your hotness evenly among the crowd!
Excellent set list, by the way. I enjoyed every minute and sang along to every song. One song kind of morphed into a Phil Collins song, but for the life of me I can't remember it. It was effing awesome, though. Apparently I was the first person in the crowd to realize/recognize/understand the switch, because I screamed really loudly. Then 10 seconds after my embarrassment of being the lone screamer, the crowd started cheering as they, too, figured out what song it was. I leaned over to Krista, "Geez, they're a little slow."
Anyway, after JM came back to the stage for his encore, guess which song he chose to play? Comfortable!! The JM song I chose to put on my February Librarian's Revenge mix last year. Dear Diary, I think it was a sign that he reads my blog and loves me!!

John Mayer to crowd: "This is for you couples out there on Valentine's Day. Before this song became a punchline." Sings Your Body is a Wonderland.


And then afterwards, he says to the crowd, "Now, for those of you who are single and thinking, 'That song sucks!' Here's a blues song, just for you." Sings I'm Gonna Find Another You.

Me and Krista being nerds after the concert. On a John Mayer high.
After that, like, the rest of the week basically focused on finishing Veronica Mars. I could so watch that show every day for, like, the rest of my life! Krista looked desperately for her own copy of the series, even recruiting her brother to search for it at Best Buy. No luck. She'll totally be ordering it online soon, fer sure! And now I'm sad Kristen still has my Season Two. :(
Krista and I also played two rounds of Scene It, the television version. I kicked her ass, of course. But we had some hilarious answers. For instance, one challenge we had was to add images together to come up with the name of an actress. The three pictures were of a rose, desert sand, and a bar of soap. The answer was Roseanne Barr, but here were our respective guesses:

Me: Um? Rose Sandbar?
Krista: *shouts* Rosa Parks!!
Later, same challenge, except the images (a handgun and a cloud of smoke) were supposed to be added to make the title of a TV show. Krista got it right...
Krista: Gun Smoke!! haha! I got it!
Me: No, it's not. It's Revolver Cloud!
hahahahahaha
I taught Krista how to burn cds on their computer, and in kind, she burned me a mix cd. Her dad is a big fan of oldies music and classic soft rock. So I made up a tracklist and had her burn it for me. Her dad was really excited. He kept saying, "She's using my music! Not anybody else's!" haha So I guess he approves of me now. :) Oh, and he said to me at one point, "See, April, I'm the one with all the good taste in this family." I replied, "Oh, I sensed that as soon as I walked in the house. It was the vibe." He kept laughing while Krista and her mom acted disgusted. :)
I drove home yesterday, Saturday, and ohmygosh! Imagine my surprise when I saw more Valentine's surprises! I got a package from the delectable Rachel. Inside was a lovely little card and a whorish journal in which I'm supposed to catalog my sinful secrets and trysts. Woohoo! Then there was a pink envelope sealed with a heart sticker that reads "Avast there, Matey!" Inside was a pirate valentine from my friend, Pete! (Did hell freeze over? Did I actually get a valentine from a guy???) And sitting on the table was a vase of roses from, according to my grandmother, my wonderful co-workers. I'm so lucky!!





So, there you go, Diary. One awesome week! Like, nothing can top this Valentine's Day! Mm, maybe sex. But I'll worry about that next year. Until next time,
Moonbeams and Unicorn Kisses!
MWAH!
April

10 comments:

TOWR said...

Woohoo! You got your whorish journal! I saw that and thought, "April and Metamorphose absolutely MUST have one!" Here's to having trysts to write about! *clink!*

John Mayer kind of has a big head, and the hair isn't helping. (*ducks*)

I've tagged you, you wicked tart. Go check out my blog to see what I'm talking about.

jojo said...

So glad to finally hear about the concert and your trip. Sounds like you had a blast! Tell me, was his lovely girlfriend Jessica Simpson at the show? I guess she was at the one he played here, sitting in a sound booth watching.

i i eee said...

Best. diary. entry. evah.

Omigosh! I'm so excited for you! Sweeet.

John said...

Wow. John Mayer looks like a bit of alright, don't he?

April said...

RACHEL!! *shakes fist*

Yes, Jessica Simpson was there. We saw her come out with a couple of other girls, but I didn't think it was her. The guy next to me started screaming, "It's Jessica!! It's Jessica!" Apparently, he was right. :(

Meta, Thanks! It was inspired by my giddiness. ;)

Tusk...I don't understand your comment. Please translate.

John said...

John Mayer= surprisingly attractive

Kristen said...

Dork.

Oh, and I knew what Tusk meant. I guess I'm just more smarter than you. HA!

April said...

There's nothing surprising about JM's hotness. He's always been dead sexy.

Kristen, Shut it.

Carina said...

Mrs. John Mayer

Ms. Mayer

Mr. and Mrs. John and April Mayer

Mrs. April Mayer

j said...

All I can say is that I'm completely and insanely jealous...