Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm in a glass case of emotion!

So I know you're all dying to know how it went meeting Redlaw. She was awesome, as if you expected anything less. We met up late Saturday afternoon and went shopping, of course. How can we pass up a mall?

So, Redlaw found something that she just had to get for Metamorphose, and I found something that I just had to get for Jolene. It practically jumped into my hands. After a walk-through of the mall, we went to Garfield's restaurant, which is in the mall. Garfield's covers its tables in paper so that customers can color on it while waiting for food. So, our waiter comes up to the table, grabs two crayons and says, "I have to do our routine," which was to write his name on the table. Then, as if we couldn't read it, he says, "My name is Tony." I leaned my head back and sighed deeply. "Of course it is," I said. "Why wouldn't it be?" Then he didn't look at me for the rest of the meal.

Redlaw and I then went to Target to get munchies. Because who doesn't want munchies, right? She found a couple movies that she'd been wanting, and after purchasing them and the required chips and chocolate, we headed back to the motel. My aunt, who runs the motel, let us borrow her DVD player, so we watched Bridget Jones's Diary. It was excellent.

Oh, Redlaw also got to talk with Kristen on the phone, and about 15 minutes later, I got to talk to Metamorphose on the phone. It was fun.

Sunday was filled with Pier One Imports, Borders, Target, and lunch at Perkins. At Borders, I was sucked into their Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal. I ended up getting The Zombie Survival Guide (for my cousin, Justin, who wants to make films about zombies), Dogs of Babel, and The Man Who Loved Jane Austen. There wasn't much to choose from, unlike the selection for the Buy 3, Get 1 Free deal. Bastards.

At Perkins, our waiter kept flirting with us, but in a weird way. Like, he told us that he was going to be our waiter, then goes, "Is that okay?" We're like, yeah. He goes, "Are you sure?" *wink* It was weird. Then he kept coming back and saying things really quickly. We'd nod and smile, then look at each other like, "What did he just say?" Oh, and while Redlaw was in the restroom, I overheard a group of guys behind me quoting the new Will Ferrell movie and giggling excitedly. And by quoting, I mean word for word, including the part where old Will stabs himself and screams. It made me wish for a cute, funny-movie quoting boy of my own.

Then the day, and visit, was over too quickly. Redlaw (which I did almost call her one time) had another 10-hour drive in front of her. I was sad to see her go, but I had a great time. Plus, we quoted movies about a million times, and you don't find that with just anyone.

9 comments:

i i eee said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there. *sniff* But at least I got to hear your voice...oh baby, yeah.

And present, for me? Ooh.

All this shopping and food is making me hungry and covetous. Oh yes.

TOWR said...

Ohhhh, I'm the only one to comment who doesn't get a present. **sigh** Oh well. Isn't that Redlaw fun? Yeah, she is. LOL I almost called her Redlaw the first couple of times I hung out with her too. And I think once when meta was hanging out with us she actually *did* call her Redlaw and nobody noticed it until Redlaw pointed it out a couple of hours later. Good times. I'm so jealous you guys got to hang out together. Hmph.

i i eee said...

Oh yeah, I called Redlaw, Redlaw, PLENTY of times! ha ha ha

April said...

Rachel, The only reason Redlaw didn't get you a present was because she didn't want to stick one more thing in her car. We actually picked out something pretty cool at Pier One for you, and she was going to get it in Ohio. Sorry I forgot to mention that!

TOWR said...

LOL Oh, now I feel guilty! I really didn't care about presents, I just wanted to whine and pretend to feel sorry for myself. :( Now I feel like an ass. A grade A ass.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! Makes me think I work way too much!

April said...

Rachel, Welcome to my world. :)

Dawn, you DO work too much. Take some time off.

atsirk said...

I'm just jealous of redlaw, since she got to spend time with you. You're AWESOME to hang out with. Now I'll have to come visit just to bask in your greatness and stop being jealous!

redlaw said...

hello april!!!!

here i come visit you and then vanish without a trace for the week afterwards! thank you for being so nice!! i had a blast meeting you and quoting movies...and getting alternately hit on and confused by waiters...

rachel,
oh honey, do you think i'd get a present for meta and not one for you? never fear!

jolene,
your pressie rocks!

astirk,
it was fun hanging with april - i would be jealous of me too...i am jealous of me now....