Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm just saying, some people get knocked on the head and get super powers. Read a comic book.

Nothing special going on, I'm afraid. Here are a few snapshots of my life.

Aaron and Nikki got married on Monday morning. She's got a big honkin' rock on her finger. Hmph. My brother never gave me diamonds! Anyway, we'll probably have some kind of party for them later, after Nikki has the baby. And before you ask, no, we still don't know what she's having. Every time she has an ultrasound, the baby crosses its legs. I'm thinking, modesty? Must be a girl.

I was sitting in the library last week, just emailing and stuff, when this guy approaches me. He says hi, and I recognize him from when I'd interviewed at the newspaper he used to work for. Then he says, "You were at the Wilco concert a couple of weeks ago, weren't you?" And I'm like, "You bet your sweet ass I was!" (Or maybe I just said yes.) So he said he was a couple of rows behind me, which made me panic that he was going to comment on my grooving. But no. He just asked how long I'd been a fan and what I thought of the concert. We both agreed it was the best concert ever. Then he slipped me a little piece of paper with a link on it, and told me that he'd written a review of Wilco's concert because he's a freelance writer. I read it, and it's pretty dead on. Oh, and everyone I've told this story to has asked, "Was he single?" No.

In a series of emails to and from Kristen about our hotel reservations for Jolene's wedding, we've concluded that Best Western sucks. To sum up, despite Kristen calling to see if we could get an early check-in (before 3:00 so we have time to get ready for the evening wedding), BW not only already billed Kristen's credit card when we haven't stayed there, but also charged her for two nights instead of one. She called them about it, and their only form of action was to file a report that she's "disputing the charge." Unfortunately, the other hotels in our price range are fully booked, so we're stuck.
Kristen's email: No rooms available for the 5th, so I guess we're stuck with freaking "Best" Western.
April's email: Crap Western, more like, the bloody bastards. Let's plug up the toilet before we check out.
Kristen's email: Plugging the toilets. That shouldn't be too hard for us. ha ha ha. Can't. Stop. Laughing. Yes, we will plug up those babies real good.

10 comments:

i i eee said...

Now too bad that guy's single, however is "weightiness" a real word? I mean, I'm all for getting kind of kicky and using my own kind of made up vernacular, but still. "Weightiness"...isn't the word "weight" just as effective? Hmmmm.

Congrats to Aaron and Nicki. And for the modest little cousin that Jersey will get to play with sooner than later, yay!

Crap Western, indeed.

April said...

Sorry, Meta... The word's in the dictionary. Check Merriam Webster online. There's even an audioclip so you can hear "weightiness" being said. But yeah, it's probably totally unnecessary to use the word.

TOWR said...

You and Kristen crack me up! I hate giving my credit card number to people for just this reason. You always wind up getting screwed. And not in the good way. By the way, this post just goes to prove what I already know--all the good men are married.

i i eee said...

Ah yes, I am wrong. Well at the very least, I have now expanded my vocabulary. Rock on.

Carina said...

Oh Nicki, what a novice. Please relate to her this advice:
I was so panicked that we would have an ultrasound and not know the gender that about 20 minutes before I went into the backroom I had one Diet Coke*, a pack of Chewy Spree and I think some Twix.

It was the magic combination of caffiene, sugar and chocolate that made junior wiggle and twist and move all around. "Wow," said the tech, "He's really active." "I know," I said, "I made sure of that."

*in this case I probably should have had regular Coke but I don't like the stuff.

Anonymous said...

GRRRR, I hate hotels that charge before you even arrive. I think that's totally stupid. I'd plug up the toilets too! lol

Hey, I know you don't live like super close to me but we seem to have the same taste in music and my friend, Christopher, (www.myspace.com/christopherdallman) is going to be doing a concert at my house on August 9th. You're more than welcome to round up some of your peeps and come if you want. Let me know and I'll get you some directions.

atsirk said...

Dang it! Here I thought you had your very own stalker - with good taste in music. And like Jolene, I thought the paper would have his # on it! Oh, well.

That's so cute that the baby keeps crossing it's legs. It just makes it that more exciting.

Anonymous said...

I say....plug up the toilets and steal the the towels and Kleenex boxes!!! F@#$ing Bastards!!!

Carina said...

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Free propecia online