Wednesday, October 04, 2006

She who is snarky, is full of malarky.

Another edition of conversations, but first: Why didn't anyone tell me that Veronica Mars was such an awesome show??? I watched it last night for the first time and could only think of how much I've missed. Although, there did seem to be an awful lot of bad-wig wearing, but I'll overlook it because of the fantastic writing. Also, there was a "Take Back the Night" campaign featured in the show, and I participated in one such march in college. Oh, the good old days, fighting for women's rights.

At my mom's house, Amanda was finishing telling me about something scary she'd seen on TV.
Amanda: Seriously, it was cricken freepy.
Me: *staring at her*
Amanda: What?
Me: Uh, you just said cricken freepy.
Amanda: I did?
Me: Yeah, you totally said cricken freepy.
Amanda: God, I'm a dork.

In kitchen with Grams as she's throwing away a container that had previously contained (haha) banana nut bread slices.
Me: You know, I didn't get a single slice of banana nut bread.
Grams: Well, it was there. You could have had some.
Me: Oh, so it's my fault, huh? It's always the victim's fault.
Grams: Yup.

At library, making my boss smell my perfume.
Boss: Mmm... That's nice.
Me: I know. I love it. It's Princess, by Vera Wang.*
Boss: It smells like Avon Musk from the '80s.
Me: *mouth open* What??
Boss: I like it. I always loved Avon Musk.
Me: *in shock, staring at her*
Boss: I mean... It doesn't exactly smell like it. It's a much nicer scent.
Me: Avon Musk?? From the '80s???
Boss: Well... Not really like musk.
Me: It'd better not be, or Vera Wang can suck it.**

*I didn't actually blow half my paycheck on a fancy bottle of Princess. It's just a lousy sample from a cosmetics counter.
**I didn't actually says "Vera Wang can suck it," although it does have a nice ring to it.

5 comments:

i i eee said...

Haha. Reminds me of Sex and the City rerun I was watching last night. They were trying on bridesmaid dresses at Vera Wang for Charlotte's wedding, and Samantha said f*ck and Charlotte scolded her, "Don't say the f word in VERA WANG!"

Um, I need to get a life...hahaha.

I like banana nut bread. I find it to be uber delicious.

i i eee said...

Also, I have every intention on getting on the Veronica Mars bandwagon, myself. Hoping it's available on thee old netflix. Oh yeah, baby.

Carina said...

I am crazy about Veronica Mars, just crazy. I got Carrie hooked. Last year Veronica went to Hearst college on a one of those campus tours. While there she got pulled into a mystery surrounding a serial rapist on campus. What they didn't explain in this episode is that the Hearst Rapist shaves the head of his victims. VM didn't solve the case last year so that she could this year.

And for those of you who are Arrested Development fans, George Michael was Veronica's campus tour guide and Maebe played a victim of the rapist.

AND YES YOU MUST ALL WATCH, you have been commanded. Go, rent, and fall in love.

Carina said...

p.s. I watch WAY too much TV.

p.p.s. I would be pissed if someone thought my Chanel perfume smelled like Exclamation!

April said...

I'm glad I'm not the only TV-obsessed gal out there. I even had a dream about Jim and Pam from The Office last night.