Saturday, June 02, 2007

And all of that time you thought I was sad, I was trying to remember your name.

Here are a few more Jersey and Aaliyah pictures from last week. I didn't get a chance to post them sooner due to work and/or the Internet not working.
















My friend Sharon and I went to a softball game Thursday night after having Chinese for dinner. We went to cheer on our friend, Pete. But he never showed up. We still had fun anyway. The pitcher for the other team was this young guy with fluffy, curly hair that would bounce when he ran. We called him Sanjaya. I tried to take a pic, but he was too far away. I did get to hear another baseball player's cell phone go off, though. Why is that interesting, you ask? Well, because his ringtone was "YMCA" by The Village People, that's why.

Anyway, the other major thing that happened was that I recently got in touch with Tony again after a 2-year silence. He's actually on Myspace, and my friend Jen encouraged me to email him. Some of my dear friends were justifiably hesitant about it. I know that they only had my best interests at heart and that they were worried that I'd start liking him again. But I missed him and emailed him anyway. And guess what? After several emails and one instant messaging chat, I can honestly say that those old feelings have not resurfaced. In fact, it's such an amazing relief to be able to close that chapter so completely. I'd like to remain friends with Tony, but even by his own admission, he has a lot of growing up to do. Though there are qualities that he possesses that I'm sure I'll look for in another guy, he is by no means the one. You know?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, those girlies are gorgeous and I'm loving Jersey's 'do, secondly, the Tony stuff is huge and wonderful. That must feel really great, and well done for being a grown up about it and getting in touch even though it could have been a risk x

Carina said...

I do know. I'm so glad you've been able to reconnect in a healthy way.

TOWR said...

Isn't it awesome to know that you're *free*?! Congratulations!

i i eee said...

Yeeha!

April said...

Thanks, ladies! It is very freeing to have a definitive answer about my feelings. I'm actually enjoying the friendship/chatting with him more because I don't worry about what he thinks of me. Plus, I get to make fun of him, which is always awesome. :)

jojo said...

Love the pictures of the sweeties.
So cute.

So glad about Tony. What a blessing to close that chapter.