Monday, June 18, 2007

"I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win."

MIS-ER-A-BLE

Yes, I'm feeling miserable. I have a summer cold. Or it's sinuses. Whatever. The point is, I feel like crap. It's been a week of this vile wretchedness.

I'm trying to eat my lunch, which seems to be impossible because as soon as I take a bite or lift the fork, someone comes to ask me something.

On Saturday, Amanda, Jersey, and I drove around to some garage sales to see what fantastic junk we could buy. Jerz got some bargain toys, clothes and a few videos. I purchased some Halloween decorations (unused) for the apartment I hope to someday have. Since it was also Aquafest in Rice Lake, we hoped to take Jersey on some kiddie rides for the first time. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. No, it didn't rain. No, we didn't run out of money. No, Jersey didn't fall asleep.

The reason Jersey didn't get to experience her first fair was because my mother-effing car died in the middle of the mall parking lot. And of course, I didn't own a cell phone. Amanda has one, but she could only text. Sending out S.O.S. texts at a rate that would surely have made Kimberly Yeo proud, Amanda finally got a response that good old Gramps was on the way. In the meantime, Jersey started having a temper tantrum. Something about being a green werewolf. So I said, "Okay, you're a green werewolf!" And she screamed, "No! I not a green werewolf. I'm a purple werewolf!" Ai yi yi. Since it was too hot to sit in the car, I sent Amanda and the green/purple werewolf into the mall to cool off. I got sunburned waiting for the g'rents.

Of course, Grandpa got it running in no time, without using special tricks such as jumping the battery. No, no. All he had to do was turn the key and it started. I mean, why wouldn't that work for someone other than me, right? Ugh. So he followed me home. My uncle came over yesterday doing some voodoo tests and declaring it fine. So...who knows. Anyway, to avoid being stuck on the side of the road with no means of communication, I finally got another cell phone. It's just one of those pay-as-you-go phones that I'll mainly use for emergencies, but I feel slightly cooler. Cool, yet blowing my nose every 3 seconds. Ah, the fabulous life I lead.

Anyway, here are a few more pics. Enjoy.
Yes, the side of her pirate ship-shaped pool does read "The Scurvy Dog."

4 comments:

Carina said...

That last picture is my favorite.
Here is what I imagine her saying:

"I SAID PURPLE."

"I NEED 'NOTHER BLIZZARD NOW!"

"PUT THAT DOWN IT'S MINE"

"MOVE YOUR ASS!"

i i eee said...

Hahaha! I love Azucar's commentary!

I'm so glad Amanda was with you to text S.O.S. I forgot to ask you how you even got out of that pickle.

TOWR said...

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! So cute! You can *see* the 'tude on that girl from a mile away!

April said...

hahaha That was some excellent commentary, Azucar! One might think you have your own toddler with an attitude. ;)

I think she was actually just squealing with laughter because she'd just pelted her mother with a water-saturated ball. And who wouldn't squeal at that?