Monday, March 31, 2008

"Step by Step! Oh, baby! Gonna get to you girrrrrrl!"

So, I'm 29 and single. What's a girl to do on the weekend? Well, play SingStar on your Play Station 2, of course!





I hauled all my equipment (game unit, cords, microphones, etc.) over to my mom's house on Saturday. Amanda, Mom, John (her bf), me, and Jersey all took turns battling our way through '90s songs. Some songs you think will be really easy, like "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas or "Opposites Attract," by Paula Abdul, but it isn't enough to just get the words right. Your voice has to match exactly the pitch, tone and rhythm to get the high scores.

I have both SingStar '80s and '90s, but we all had more fun with the '90s game. Check out some of these classic hits:
  • Natalie Imbruglia--Torn
  • Nirvana--Lithium
  • Vanilla Ice--Ice Ice Baby
  • NKOTB--Step By Step
  • Boyz II Men--Motownphilly
  • Soundgarden--Black Hole Sun
  • Stone Temple Pilots--Plush

If you stink, you get booed and labeled tone deaf. If you aren't too shabby, you might be dubbed a rising star. If you rock Hootie and the Blowfish's "I Only Wanna Be With You," like I did, you'll be branded a SingStar.

I'd love to stay and write more, but my hand is itching for a microphone.

5 comments:

Marie said...

I'm suspicious of video games, but I would get really addicted to a game that challenged my pitch and rhythm. Keep that thing away from me! Congrats on your new career as a pop star -- the Britney vacuum has now been filled (and I trust you will comport yourself in a more dignified manner).

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG Why wasn't I made aware of this game?! I have 80s and Singstar Rocks, and Diane has Singstar Pop, but I haven't seen 90s! You need to bring it to Kristen's next month while I'm there! I'll bring all my karaoke games, too!

Ohhhh the time we're going to have together!

Anonymous said...

I would love that game!!

April said...

Marie, I'm rarely dignified. I merely try not to fall on my face. :)

Towr, Oh, yes. We will play.

Sally, You so would! I highly recommend it!

Anonymous said...

I do believe I sang Hootie with you and also got "singstar". Yawns.... yep. Lol.