Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hmph

Dear Overpaid Idiot Doctors,

How about you give a correct diagnosis? Or are you boycotting decent medical practices? When you examine a 3-year-old's ears, don't freaking ignore the hard mass with a red outer ring that signifies an ear infection. After three and a half hours that consist of two five-minute nebulizer treatments and one 10-minute X-ray and ignoring the patient the rest of the time, don't tell the mother that her daughter has neither asthma nor pneumonia, then have a nurse come in to explain the medications for pneumonia ... to only have another doctor two days later confirm that the daughter indeed has asthma!

And, new doctor, thanks for the diagnosis, but don't send the mother to the pharmicist for more prescriptions without explaining how to mix them, in what quantity, and how to use the new nebulizer that the three-year-old must now have at home, thereby pissing off the pharmicist.

And to the rest of you medical people, don't just freaking start doing tests and walk in and out of the room without explaining who you are and, most important, what the importance of the tests are! Would it hurt you to take 30 seconds to explain what the crap you're doing? You're this close to making me think Tom Cruise is sane.

Love, April

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my experience, most doctors have a terrible bedside manner.

By they way, I keep meaning to tell you this, but I swear you need to get Jersey into acting or modeling. I bet she'd be a huge success! I was looking at your blog yesterday and my boss actually stopped and asked me who that cute little girl was! She thought she was ADORABLE. Which she is.

Carina said...

I hate doctors. They can go to hell.

i i eee said...

That's absolutely ridiculous!

Doctors always are willing to write a prescription without telling you anything about what they're giving you. I've had a lot of problems with that in the past. And I think with the internet now, they are even more careless thinking any patient could use Google.

i i eee said...

And the problem with Google, it can give you the wrong information -also, I don't know about you, but when someone hands me a prescription, if there's something I really really should know before taking it, then why didn't they effing tell me that when they gave it to me?

April said...

Towr, I gotta keep Jersey humble, ya know. :)

Zuc, I concur.

iiee, It's really ridiculous for doctors, who have spent years in training and have to constantly read up on the ever-growing and changing medical field, to expect patients to know exactly why they're being given certain medications and any complications or side-effects that may go with it. Take the extra couple of minutes to go over it with the patient, jackass!