Sunday, May 11, 2008

So last week I got to meet Towr. Though I was sick for most of the week and only got to spend Monday afternoon/evening and Tuesday morning getting to know her, it was enough to know she's awesome. Now that she's gone, life is boring again. This must be how Krista felt the days after meeting Johnny Depp.

Highlights:
* Kristen's Richard Nixon impression, followed by Donald Trump impressions.
* Battling Towr at Guitar Hero (me on easy, she on hard).
* Towr and me versus Kristen and Kate at Cranium (and me having Towr listen in as Kate hummed the Buddy Holly song cuz I only knew one line).
* The drive-by canning at McDonald's.
* Kate inviting me back to Kristen's house to play my SingStar! game. hahaha

I finally finished my short story that I've been working on forever. And by finished, I mean now I have a ton of revisions to do. I have my next writers group meeting tomorrow night, so I'll get their opinions (along with the awesome feedback from dear RC Cola) and start reworking. A local "famous" author came into the library yesterday while I was working on my next story, and a co-worker introduced me to her. My co-worker bragged about my writing (which was highly embarrassing because it's just a story, nothing fabulous), so then the author was telling me to submit it to Reader's Digest. No offense, but Reader's Digest? Seriously? I don't think so.

I saw Iron Man yesterday with my uncle Don. It was pretty darn good. My apologies to RC and K-Lo, as when I read their comments that Robert Downey Jr. was sexy, I scoffed and shook my head. The movie certainly changed my mind. Meow, sir!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

See? SEE? RDJ is hawt. Never doubt my much older man crushes. Even the one on Alan Rickman. He can Rick my Man anyday...er...

April said...

While I do enjoy Alan Rickman, that comment was just lame. Unapproved. *robot voice*

Anonymous said...

Haha! That drive-by McDonald's canning! That was awesome.

RDJ is TOTALLY fawt! I'd kiss 'em.

Ah, they were good times indeed. To be repeated when YOU come visit ME next year!!! :)