Sunday, July 15, 2007

April vs. The Devil, Round Two

Okay, so I promised an update about my confrontation with The Devil. Don't get too excited; there were no tears or cursing. But I did receive a pathetic apology. Here's how it went.

On July 5th while at work, I noticed that The Devil had pulled up to the library. I made the decision to meet her outside and ask to speak with her privately. Before I could say anything else, she began telling me how sorry she was for the things she had said the week before. I thought maybe someone had given her a heads-up about my reaction, so I simply crossed my arms and said, "Well what makes you decide to apologize now?" She claimed that she couldn't stop thinking about it and regretting it. I asked, "How could you even say the things you said to me? How could you say them to anyone?"

She replied, "Well, I thought you were pregnant."

Nice, right? I told her that a simple mistake like that was forgiveable, but the fact that she touched my stomach was not. Nor was it okay to make comments that I'd better watch myself, etc. She agreed, saying that after she realized that I wasn't pregnant, she tried to change the subject but just kept making the situation worse.


Anyway, then she kept on going about how she wishes I were pregnant, because I should be able to experience something so beautiful. Blah, blah, blah. I kept my eye-rolling to a minimum, but I did snort a few times. I told her that it had been unacceptable to say those things to me. She just kept going on and on about motherhood, somehow working in some crap about how I was so beautiful and could be a model. I just wanted to say, "Hey, lady, don't blow smoke up my ass. Just say you're sorry for being an idiot, and we can move on."

After all was said and done, we went into the library, where she returned a movie.





Uh-huh. The Devil tapped her fingernail on the cover of the dvd and said, "Girrrl, you need to watch this movie."

I sighed.

She leaned back and nodded her head. "It's got a you-and-me moment."

I almost said, "Oh, a moment where some skinny bitch makes a fat girl feel like a piece of shit?" Instead I made a noncommital noise as I checked in the movie.

11 comments:

i i eee said...

There are no words.

I think it's time to go back to Plan B, and stick an opened can of tuna in her car. I don't care if she is a loony, woman needs to not go out in public. She needs to be locked up.

Chica said...

Oh. No. She. DIDN'T!

Seriously, that woman has a personality disorder if ever I saw one.

Well done for confronting her, but I think she has proved she is one person to be avoided at all consequence! x

P.S. YAY! for us re: Alfie and Tony!

TOWR said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Good for you for confronting her!

I'm seriously doubtful of her "I thought you were pregnant" defense. What woman says crap like that to a pregnant woman (or any woman, really)? At my work we have a rule--you NEVER ask (or assume) a woman is pregnant even if you see the baby descending from the birth canal. You wait until she tells you, then you're free to talk all you want.

I still think you should poo on her lawn. ;)

Carina said...

I just...

I mean....

THE NERVE.

Marie said...

Is there any way to have her banned from the public library system?

I know! We can have an expert declare her sub-human! Shouldn't be hard at all! ("Exhibit A, Your Honor: She watched Phat Girlz")

And they don't allow sub-humans to carry library cards. Problem solved!

jojo said...

I can't believe how dense she is!I'm glad you confronted her about her behavior and I picture you giving your evil eye look the whole time! Yay!

I hope she feels extremely embarrassed and ashamed evertime she sets foot in the library.

N.F. said...

When I was in high school, someone at Carl's Jr. asked me when I was due.

What's odd is that I wasn't even overweight then...and, I'm so on board w/the open can of tuna in her car.

Kristen said...

Not that I'm opposed to the open can of tuna in her car idea, I just like the thought of an open hand to her face more.

John said...

I just like the thought of an open hand to her face more.

Haha! Touche!

April said...

I kinda like the thought of Mo'nique bitchslapping her. haha :)

redlaw said...

can i kill her?