Saturday, July 05, 2008

Jerz on parade! (obviously to be sung to the tune of "Bulls on Parade.")

Amanda, Jersey, my aunt Linda, and I went to the Fourth of July parade Friday, as did most Americans, I guess. Anyway, it was a pretty fun day. Jersey was all smiles.



Even when she saw the old man and his skunk, which has been a part of the July 4th parade as long as I can remember. I can still remember my sister getting excited to pet the skunk when she was little.



British clown police? Albino Native American? Foppish mime? All of the above?





Jerz in action. Gotta grab that candy before the other kids do!

No matter what we did, we could not keep that kid's pants up. She mooned just about every float that went by. The ones throwing candy, anyway.

We also saw some bizarre things this year:





After the parade, it was off to my mom's house for an old-fashioned cook-out, after which the girls went swimming.


Today is also my mom's birthday. I'm sure she'd appreciate me telling this little anecdote:
Jersey brought Gram (my mom) a "note" that she'd scribbled for her.
Gram: Oh, thank you, Jersey! *reading note* "Dear Gram, happy birthday. I love you very much. Love, Jersey."
Jersey: *stares at Gram with strange expression* But, Gram. That's not what it says. It says "Shark-infested waters."
Gram: *starts laughing*
Jersey: I think you need glasses.

3 comments:

Carina said...

Foppish mime!!

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHA! I love Jersey...

Marie said...

I want to live in your town because your parades are fantastic! Albino Native Americans???

Shark-infested waters??

Maybe it's just something in the shark-infested water that makes you all like this.