Saturday, July 26, 2008

Please help me. I've become addicted to Facebook. And really, it's not even as good as MySpace because you can't listen to music or anything. But I can't. stop. checking. it. Also, I've found so many high school and college friends on there. People I haven't seen or spoken to in years! I actually got teary-eyed after I found a couple of old friends.

Anyway. Amanda and I went to see the new X-Files movie today. I liked it while I was watching it, but reflecting afterward, it wasn't that great. I mean, it was ... but it wasn't. Wow, enlightening review, isn't it? I think Gene Siskel's job is safe. Er ... he's the one who's dead, isn't he? The other guy, then.

I bought these bowls online from Urban Outfitters yesterday. They're for my future kitchen. (Can't stop daydreaming about own place. Now, if I could only find perfect full-time job in my field of expertise.)

I was also tempted by this dinnerware, but $14 per plate? As Chris Rock playing a homeless man in an In Loving Color sketch once shrieked, "Good LAWD, that's a lotta money!" (Dudes, I totally dropped an old-school comedy reference on your collective asses.)

Also, currently obsessed with all things Adele. I especially love the song "Daydreamer."

8 comments:

Marie said...

That's one of the reasons I'm avoiding Facebook. I already have so little self control, it would just suck my life away.

I love the dishes! I have my own place (rented, sadly), and I have yet to obtain consciously chosen dishes. I think I will feel very grownup on that hap-happy day. Right now I'm using my grandma's old dishes, and they're not horrible, and they remind me of her, but they *are* old lady dishes from the 70s. Bad for the morale. You inspire me!

N.F. said...

I'm so jealous that you've found lots of friends on facebook. I'm such a poser that I check it 39 times per day just HOPING I'll find friends from high school, etc. But, nothing.

Bleh.

I've never gotten into myspace...because I know how I am with facebook that it would be ALL DOWNHILL from there for me if I got onto that bandwagon, too.

Love the dishes too!

April said...

Marie, I actually have a set of dishes that my mom collected when I was in high school. Nothing fancy, though. I want something fun for all the awesomely awesome gatherings I'll have with friends.

N.F., You can add me! Email me your name and I'll look you up. newdorktimes at gmail dot com.

John said...

I love my facebook. What do you think of the new layout?

N.F. said...

Tell me some good stuff you play with on facebook?! Application stuff?! PULEEZE!

John said...

My faves are:
-Text Twirl
-Biggest Brain
-Nations
-ATTACK!

April said...

Tusk, I just tried the new layout. Hate it. Immediately went back to old layout.

NF, the only ones I've really been doing is Mob Wars (which I'm addicted to) and giving Flair. I can't add anymore of my own flair cuz I've run out of room. I've gotten a couple of bumper stickers, too. I haven't really played any of the games where you have to have a friend whose currently playing.

N.F. said...

Tusk: HOLY CRAP. Text Twirl. What have I gotten myself into?