Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What does it mean when a boy asks if you plan on bringing someone with you to zombie night?

Aaliyah turns 2 on Saturday. I got her a musical Dora the Explorer See and Say.

Jersey turns 4 on Monday. I got her a (cheap) digital camera with three interchangeable face plates in various shades and designs of pink.

I turn 30 in three months. Kristen's making me a quilt because Lord knows I won't have anything else keeping me warm at night.

Bon Iver/AA Bondy concert in 10 days. Will attend with Kristen. We may also have another SingStar/Guitar Hero party

Backstreet Boys concert in 17 days. Will attend with Mom, Amanda and Krista. I know you can't wait for all the pictures I'll be taking.

Still revising ending of short story, but the writers group absolutely loved the new direction I'm taking it. I commented that it's difficult to write something in a more sinister way without making it cliched, like a villain twirling his mustache. They laughed. D says, "No, you wouldn't do that. That's something I'd do. You're way too talented for that garbage." I will accept that compliment. :)

Got my awesome T-shirt from Laura Llew that in blue sparkly embroidery reads "Team Edward: Cooler Than a Werewolf." I'm a million times more satisfied with the shirt than the actual book, even though I'm only halfway through reading it. Quite disappointing. Thank goodness the final Harry Potter book wasn't crappy like this. Ah, well. At least I have the movie "Twilight" to look forward to.

2 comments:

Rachie said...

Awww, happy birthday to everyone!

I agree on the Breaking Dawn opinion.

Rachie said...

PS I think that boy wanted you to ask him to zombie night. ;) ;) ;)