Sunday, August 24, 2008

Show me the meaning of being awesome...

The weather at the Minnesota State Fair was spectacular: sunny with a cool breeze. We decided to first check out the rides. Here is Amanda and my mom (Darla) before Mom and I jumped on the Fighter ride, which promptly made me want to vomit.


Then Amanda and I went on a ride called the Crazy Mouse, where I got a bruise on my right arm and she walked off with her pants unzipped. So, it was definitely an appropriately named ride. (That's me with wild hair sticking out of the top of the booth.)



Krista and I awaiting for the start of the concert.



Unfortunately, the first act was Girlicious, which they made sure we knew by repeating their names 42 times. Here are Amanda and Krista's reactions to the scantily clad, fake-haired, gyrating whores (pronounced Hoo-ers).



Cute pic of my sis as BSB time got nearer.



Sidenote: I made three random strangers laugh while at the fair. A fair (no pun intended) day's work, I must say.

The concert was pretty fun and wild. There was a great mix of guys and girls, and everyone screamed their hearts out and heads off. Aside from some jerky creeps in the section next to us who kept making comments to every girl who walked by, spilled their beer all over, and were obviously drunk and/or high, the crowd was awesome. The guys eventually were hauled out of the grandstand, to the delight of all around them.

I was too far away from the stage to take decent pictures, but here's one clip if you're interested.

BSB put on a very high-energy, exciting, and visually stunning performance, complete with several wardrobe changes and a solo by each group member. After the encore, fireworks burst in air to conclude the show.



Aaaaaand we're spent.



Also, today is Grandma's birthday. Happy 78th, Grandma!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, happy birthday, Grandma!

Such cute pictures of you and Jersey! Next up: NKOTB! Ohh ohhhhh she's myyyy cover giiiiiiiirl ohhh ohhhh, oh, ohhhh

i i eee said...

Cute pics!

Um, when you said, "Girlicious," I thought you were making some horrendous Blayne from Project Runway reference. Gross.

Kristen said...

I can't stop laughing at the whole Amanda's pants unziped thing! HAHAHAHAHA! And that pic of her snearing...CLASSIC!

But did anyone eat a corn dog for me? Hmmmmmmmmm??????

April said...

Towr, CAN'T WAIT!!!

RC, I know! That's all I kept thinking, too! I wonder if he's inspired by the group or something.

K-Lo, Amanda couldn't stop laughing about her pants, either. She's like, "That mouse molested me!" and "I really got taken for a ride!" haha

Mom ate a Pronto Pup, but I think it was mostly for herself.

Also, Amanda was really tired of walking by the end of the day and kept complaining about her feet hurting. She goes, "I should've had a Red Bull to give me wings." LOL Dork.

Marie said...

"Girlicious" opening for the Backstreet Boys?? This show's got something for everyone! Perfect.

There's a "Wild Mouse" ride at our local amusement park, and it's one of the worst rides ever. Jerks you around hairpin turns, bruises your brains. Not just fear-inducing, but actually pain-inducing. I'm not into pain as fun. I'm normal.

So what did you say that amused those lucky strangers?

April said...

Marie, First I mocked a guy's very pathetic and effeminate attempt at throwing a football through a star-shape, snorting "Worst. Throw. Ever!" And a couple walking past burst into giggles, the woman saying "I know!"

Then, I can't remember exactlyhow I said it, but I made the teen girls in front of us at the concert giggle when I commented on the Backstreet Boys combatting their use of five separate tourbuses by making sure only nonplastic cups and no straws were used at the concession stand. (You had to be there; it was much funnier.)

And following some guys at the end of the night across the road (jaywalking), I noticed one guy had a flashing necklace. I quipped loudly, "Traffic must obey all sparkly necklaces." And the guy held up his necklace in the air like he was hot stuff and grinned.

But really, it was much funnier in person. Really. Right, Krista? Amanda? Mom? hahaha? *crickets*