Monday, September 01, 2008

Remix

Labor Day weekend -- not much to tell.

I spent hours (hours!!) revising my story for the writers group. If they don't like this revision, I give up.

I spent hours (hours!!) figuring out which songs I wanted to change on my Hot -n- Creepy 2.0 mix for my friend Pete and finding the perfect balance of quiet yet not snooze-inducing tracks for TOWR's indexing mix.

I spent hours (hours!!) searching the Internet (mostly Etsy, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Lush, and Sephora) for those perfect Christmas presents for friends and family. I figure if I buy one or two pressies per paycheck, then I won't be stressed when the holiday finally gets here. Some of ya'll (Azucar, RC Cola) are tough to shop for! Some of ya'll (Laura Llew, Kristen), there are waaaay too many goodies I'd love to get you. You'd have the bestest Christmas ever if I won the lottery. Fo sho!

I spent hours (hours!!) watching Season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. What can I say? It's addicting.

And that's about it. I finally had a weekend where I didn't have plans, didn't have to hang out, and didn't have to spend money. It was rather nice, and I'm already dreading tomorrow because it's deadline day at the newspaper without all the extra regular work hours to complete stories. It's going to be s-t-r-e-s-s-f-u-l. I'd better get to bed early.

4 comments:

i i eee said...

Oh you don't need to get me any Christmas pressies, silly! I still have presents to send you from like, last year.

And are you going to let me read your story or not? :) I might have something I'd be willing to put up on the block. Story for a story?

April said...

Deal!

Anonymous said...

Yay for indexing mixes for me!!! I still need to figure out what to get you for Christmas... and your birthday. Wishlist blog, here I come!

Chica said...

I love that you are Christmas shopping - and researching presents no less - already. A few gifts per pay check is a great idea. I always say I'm gonna do that and then it never quite works out.

Also, I think Season 5 might be my favourite :)