Saturday, March 11, 2006

Ever since I saw Rachel post this survey, I've been working on doing one for my own blog. And it was freaking hard! So, here is the fruit of my labor/looms.

The Rules: Take 20 fairly standard and innocuous questions and answer them with music lyrics.

1.) Are you male or female?
"I wear a disguise,
I'm just your average Jane.
The super doesn't stand for model,
But that doesn't mean I'm plain.
If all you see is how I look,
You miss the superchick within.
And I christen you Titanic,
Underestimate and swim."
One Girl Revolution ~Superchick

2.) Who are you?
"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way."
Bitch ~Meredith Brooks

"I can cast a spell.
Secrets you can't tell.
Mix a special groove.
Put fire inside of you.
Anytime you feel danger or fear ,
Then instantly, I will appear.
I'm every woman,
It's all in me.
Anything you want done, baby,
I'll do it naturally .
I'm every woman,
It's all in me.
I can read your thoughts right now
Every word from A to Z."
I’m Every Woman ~Whitney Houston

3.) Describe your neighborhood:
"Lucy's got her lipstick on a little too bright.
Bobby's gettin' drunk and lookin' for a fight.
Liquor on his breath and trouble on his mind,
And Lucy's just a kid along for the ride.
Got a six-pack of beer and a bottle of wine
Gotta be bad just to have a good time.
They're gonna howl at the moon, shoot out the light,
It's a small town Saturday night.
It's a small town Saturday night.

"Bobby told Lucy, 'The world ain't round...
Drops off sharp at the edge of town.
Lucy, you know the world must be flat
'Cause when people leave town, they never come back.'
They go ninety miles an hour to the city limits sign
Put the pedal to the metal 'fore they change their mind.
They howl at the moon, shoot out the light
It's a small town Saturday night."
Small Town Saturday Night ~Hal Ketchum

4.) How do you look?
"Your looks are laughable; Unphotographable;
Yet, you're my favorite work of art.
Is your figure - less than Greek?
Is your mouth - a little weak?
When you open it to speak, are you smart? "
My Funny Valentine ~Constantine Maroulis

5.) What is love?
"We are young.
Heartache to heartache we stand.
No promises, no demands.
Love is a battlefield.
We are strong,
no one can tell us we're wrong.
Searchin' our hearts for so long.
Both of us knowing,
Love is a battlefield."
Love is a Battlefield ~Pat Benatar

6.) If you could say one thing to the person you love, what would it be?
"I was cryin’ when I met you,
Now I’m tryin’ to forget you.
Your love is sweet misery.
I was cryin’ just to get you,
Now I’m dyin’ ‘cause I let you
Do what you do to me."
Cryin’ ~Aerosmith

7.) What's your secret?
"I just want to feel safe in my own skin.
I just want to be happy again.
I just want to feel deep in my own world,
but I'm so lonely I don't even want to be with myself anymore.
On a different day if I was safe in my own skin
then I wouldn't feel so lost and so frightened.
But this is today and I'm lost in my own skin.
And I'm so lonely I don't even want to be with myself anymore.
I just want to feel safe in my own skin.
I just want to be happy again."
Honestly OK ~Dido

8.) Are you strong?
"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Everybody's always talkin' 'bout who's on top.
(Rap:) Don't cross our path 'cause you're gonna get stomped.
We ain't gonna give anybody any slack.
(Rap:) And if you try to keep us down we're gonna come right back,
and you know we're
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
(Rap:) Are you tough enough?
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
(Rap:) We're rough."
Hangin’ Tough ~New Kids on the Block

9.) Where do you wish you were right now?
"We've been on the run
Driving in the sun
Looking out for #1.
California here we come
Right back where we started from.
Hustlers grab your guns,
Your shadow weighs a ton,
Driving down the 101.
California here we come,
Right back where we started from.
California!
Here we come!"
California ~Phantom Planet

10.) What do you think about your friends?
"What do I do when my love is away ?
Does it worry you to be alone?
How do I feel by the end of the day?
Are you sad because you're on your own?
No, I get by with a little help from my friends.
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends.
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends."
With a Little Help From My Friends ~The Beatles

11.) Any words of advice?
"Take your time... don’t live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you’ll find love,
And don’t forget son,
There is someone up above.

"And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won’t you do this for me, son, if you can?"
Simple Man ~Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Years go by so easily
That sometimes I forget.
Years go by and make me see
That there’s no time for my regrets."
Things I’ve Prayed For ~Eli

12.) What do you wish you were doing right now?
"Clock strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade.
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away.
I've done alright up 'til now.
It's the light of day that shows me how,
And when the night falls loneliness calls.
Oh! Wanna dance with somebody.
I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
Yeah! Wanna dance with somebody,
With somebody who loves me."
I Wanna Dance With Somebody ~Whitney Houston

13.) What do you think about drugs?
"Last night I tried to leave,
Cried so much I could not believe.
She was the same girl I fell in love with long ago.
She went in the back to get high,
And I sat down on my couch and cried.
Yelling 'Oh mama, please help me.
Wont you hold my hand?' And...

"Let her cry
If the tears fall down like rain.
Let her sing
If it eases all her pain.
Let her go.
Let her walk right out on me.
And if the sun comes up tomorrow
Let her be, let her be."
Let Her Cry ~Hootie and the Blowfish

14.) If you could say one thing to your enemy, what would it be?
"She said I don't know why you ever would lie to me
Like I'm a little untrusting when I think that the truth is gonna hurt ya. And I don't know why you couldn't just stay with me.
You couldn't stand to be near me
When my face don't seem to want to shine
Cuz it's a little bit dirty.
Well, don't just stand there, say nice things to me.
I've been cheated I've been wronged,
and you, you don't know me.
I can't change. I won't do anything at all.

"I wanna push you around, I will, I will.
I wanna push you down, I will, I will.
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted
I will."
Push ~Matchbox 20

15.) What do you do on Friday nights?
"Staying home alone on a Friday
Flat on the floor looking back
On old love
Or lack thereof.
After all the crushes are faded,
And all my wishful thinking was wrong,
I'm jaded. I hate it."
Love Song For No One ~John Mayer

16.) What would you do if you won a million dollars?
"Some was spent on gambling,
A lot was spent on women,
A little on some good Cabernet.
Three or Four divorces,
at least that many horses
who never left the starting gate.
Diamond rings and furs, swampland in New Jersey,
That week I spent a year in LA.
You know I hate to admit it, I threw the rest away."
I Threw the Rest Away ~Tracy Lawrence

"I’m dizzy from the shopping mall.
I searched for joy, but I bought it all.
It doesn’t help the hunger pain
And a thirst I’d have to drown first to ever satiate.
Something’s missing
And I don’t know how to fix it.
Something’s missing
And I don’t know what it is
At all."
Something’s Missing ~John Mayer

17.) How do you feel right now?
"Oh rainfalls and hard times coming
they won't leave me tonight.
I wish I knew what I was doing
Just to let this spirit survive.
Can't you hear me calling? (oh yeah)
I guess I couldn't live without the things
that made my life what it is.
Can't you hear me calling? (oh yeah)
Everybody's dancing. (oh yeah)
Tonight everything is over.
I feel too young."
Too Young ~Phoenix

18.) Are you for World Peace?
"Imagine no possessions,
I wonder if you can.
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I’m a dreamer,
but I’m not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one."
Imagine ~John Lennon

19.) Where were you born?
"Well I was born in a small town,
And I live in a small town.
Prob'ly die in a small town.
Oh, those small communities.

"All my friends are so small town.
My parents live in the same small town.
My job is so small town,
Provides little opportunity.

"Educated in a small town.
Taught the fear of Jesus in a small town.
Used to daydream in that small town.
Another boring romantic that's me."
Small Town ~John Mellencamp

20.) Any closing words?
"You got to know when to hold 'em;
know when to fold 'em.
Know when to walk away;
know when to run.
You never count your money
while you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'
when the dealin's done."
The Gambler ~Kenny Rogers

5 comments:

redlaw said...

Seriously, this is the best survey ever - everyone has done such cool answers - I'm in awe....one of these days, I gotta do it.

Loved the answer to the "What is love" question...good old Pat Benetar...

Kristen said...

I greatly appreciate your Kenny reference.

But...um...isn't it "Fruit of my womb"...er...wait. I just got it. Never mind. It's 9:30am and I'm still asleep.

April said...

Yeah, it took a looong time to get that done. (Most of my work time, actually! haha) But it was really fun. And then even after it was done, I kept thinking of different answers.

"Fruit of my womb." hahaha

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the NKOTB reference! lol Seriously though, I really liked all of your answers. Very cool and I would have answered some of them the exact same way!

April said...

I will never deny my love for NKOTB. They will always have the right stuff.