Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Friday night was spent watching movies with Amanda and Jersey. My mom, Nikki and Aaron all went down to Illinois to visit Nikki's dad, Mark.

Our first movie was "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds. Meow! It was pretty damn funny. Although there were some dumb parts in it, and that annoying chick from the "Scary Movie" trilogy was in it. The second movie was "Yours, Mine, and Ours." Because I couldn't find anything else I wanted to watch. It was a typical family movie. Cute and predictable.

Saturday after I was finished at work, Amanda and I dropped Jersey off at Manda's dad and stepmom's house for the night. Then we headed to Eau Claire for shopping. And apparently Amanda's dad (my former stepdad!) was interested in whether I'd be purchasing lingerie. I think I'm scarred for life.

We didn't shop til we dropped or anything, but it was fun. Although I did almost attack a senior citizen for being a complete (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AHEAD) mother-fucking piece-of-shit asshole.

Amanda and I were walking in Shopko when this old jerk started staring at Amanda. She didn't notice. I did. I notice everything. As we walked past, he turned and kept staring at her, tilting his head to look at her ass, and he was making a face like he was disgusted. And the thing is, I can't allow that. Ever. To anyone, let alone my sister. So I stopped dead in my tracks, whirled around, and gave him The Look of Death. It's the most hostile, evil, outraged look anyone can manage. Kristen and Krista witnessed it before at the end of a hockey game in college when some drunk guys were being assholes and one guy grabbed Krista's arm. That time, whilst giving The Look of Death, I screamed at him to just go get himself another beer, which was pretty tame compared to what I would have screamed if it happened these days.

So, while I did restrain myself from growling, "Got a fucking problem, asshole?" to the old fuckface, he did get the hint. He turned away quickly, turning red. I remained angry and tense for the rest of the time we were in that store.

*deep breath* I keep getting angry about it, and I have to just let it go. I can't prevent people from being intolerant jerks. But I also can't prevent myself getting so upset about it.

Anyway, the next day we picked up Jersey and went to Rice Lake. I had to return an item I'd purchased last week and exchange it for something better. Then we went home and watched "The Island." It was pretty good. Reminded me of the book "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Mom, Aaron and Nikki came home last night. They'd stopped at my aunt Linda's place in Eau Claire, and I guess Linda finally called Social Services on her daughter, Hallie, and her boyfriend, Cory. They are, without getting into any details, bad parents to their almost 2-year-old and 4-month-old daughters. Cory especially. I hate him so much. Linda had wanted to call SS for a long time, but since she felt that she was the only one who saw how bad they were, no one would believe her. But my mom told Linda what Nikki witnessed, and that was enough for her to finally make that call. I'm sure it was hard for her, but I'm so glad she did it. If the kids get taken away, they'd go to Linda, I'm sure.

So I would appreciate any prayers for those little girls that you can spare.

Other than that, life's pretty boring. Although I did have a dream last night about Ace from "American Idol" and He-Whose-Name-I-Hear-Every-Freaking-Day-Because-It's-So-Damn-Common. *sigh*

10 comments:

redlaw said...

Ugg...common names suck....trust me, I know.

Sounds like an interesting weekend - sorry anout the asshole old man - you want me to pop a cap in his ass? Cuz I'd do it for you.

John said...

so what *was* wrong with Amanda that the old guy was intolerant about?

Kristen said...

So....

did you buy any lingerie?

April said...

Redlaw, I appreciate the offer, but I don't think I'll ever see the old bugger again.

Walrus, I think he was making fun of her weight. It's not like she was wearing anything weird, just jeans and a sweater, but it was like he was horrified by her. It just pissed me off, no matter what his actual problem was.

Kristen, what do I need lingerie for? I live with my grandparents.

TOWR said...

Getting... angry... over... weight... intolerance.... WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! LET ME AT HIM! LET ME AT HIM! I'll beat his enfeebled face into the ground! GRRRRR!

My super power is my ability to get insanely angry. Better watch out.

John said...

Rachel. I am jealous.

John said...

pffft. Old people are stupid. Chubby girls are the best. They obviously didn't get the memo.

TOWR said...

John, you freaking rock.

Speak said...

Wow April, I'm a little late coming into all of this, so I thought I'd chuck in my 2 cents.

About the old man, don't let him get the best of you. He's not worth it. He's probably just lonely, miserable, and has a misguided way of trying to get attention. But kudo's to you for being there for Amanda.

When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in Charleston SC. We lived in base housing, and we had a neighbor who seriously neglected her children. She had 3 of them, 8, 5, and 3. She was constantly leaving them home alone with just the 8 year old in charge of things. We didn't realize it at first until they started coming to our house looking for food.

We agonized over making the call for a while. I sometimes wish we had talked to the mom about it first, but honestly, she was never around much for us to do so, and when she was, she was sleeping. Finally when I was transfered, Cheryl made the call to SS. The day we were moving out we saw them taking the kids away.

Augh...

April said...

Rachel, You're totally a match for Mr. Furious!! Do you have a stressball to help eliminate your anger? :)

Walrus, Ditto Rachel's comment.

Jolene and Ripple, That guy was a jerk, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so! Oh, and I don't remember what kind of dream it was, but Tony ends up in at least 1 dream a week lately, for some reason.

Speak, Thanks for the insight. It's awesome to know that there are caring people out there who are willing to help kids in need.