Monday, March 27, 2006

I'll show *you* a Canadian Goose!

Saturday morning on my way to work....driving along....singing along to Karma Chameleon....when suddenly as I pass my mother's workplace, I notice that it's surrounded by police cars and firetrucks. Well, as you could imagine, I simply couldn't continue singing along with Boy George.

I got to work and called home to see if my mom had gone into work for some overtime hours. Indeed, she had. I told my brother what I'd seen, and he promised to call me back with info. He never called back, the idiot. But I did later find out that there'd been a chemical fire at the plant. Everyone got out safe, but since my mom's a first responder, she had to stay inside until she was sure everyone was out. And for some lame-ass reason, she had to wait inside for a phone call from the security system people to assure them that yes, there really was a fire. Then she had to call the plant manager to inform him of the fire. Yesterday left her with a raging headache and stiff neck from inhaling all those fumes.

On Sunday afternoon, my aunt Barb and I went to see the movie, Failure to Launch. Any movie that can make me snort Coca-Cola out of my nose gets my approval. It was very funny. Also got to see the trailer for Nacho Libre, starring Jack Black. So. Freaking. Hilarious.

Anyway, before our movie began, Barb and I were chatting away about stuff when she asked what I was wearing that smelled so good.
Me: I don't know. I don't think I even put on any perfume today.
Barb: Well, did you put on lotion?
Me: Yeah, but it was a couple of hours ago, and I've washed my hands twice since then.
Barb: Hmm...
Me: Maybe it's my hair?
Barb: *she leans over and smells my hair* Nope, that's not it.
Me: Well, I don't know then.
Barb: You smell good, though. I always say that to Kevin (her husband). I always say, "What are you wearing? You smell so good!" And he always says, "Nothing, just my deodorant."
Me: Wait a minute. *I lift up my arm* Smell my armpit.
Barb: *she takes a whiff* Yup!!! That's it!
*we giggle madly for a few minutes*
Barb: I'm blushing!
Me: I'm puttin' this on my blog!

Unfunny Moments:
~Nikki and I picking up the pizzas that we ordered. The guy behind the counter brings them to us and says, "Now you gotta guess which one I spit on!" *deep sigh of annoyance*
~Then to accompany the potatoes we ordered, Nikki asked for sour cream packets, which should have been included anyway. The guy puts his hands on his hips and says, "Oh, do you want me to eat them for you, too?" *deep, deep sigh*
~At the library today, some old guy comes in with a bag filled with books and says, "Can I return these? They've been read before." har har har

5 comments:

redlaw said...

I hate wanna-be smart-asses. I just want to shove things up their noses...but I'm a pacifist.

Anonymous said...

Glad your mom is okay. That's scary stuff!

John said...

see, those "funny guys" wouldn't dare say any of those things if Chuck Norris were around.

Kristen said...

i like your face.
your pits smell nice.

April said...

Redlaw, Due to a past conversation that I can no longer recall, I am duty-bound to stick a blue M&M up my future husband's nose on our wedding night. I blame Krista.

Jolene, freesia scented Lady Speed Stick.

Dawn, mom is okey dokey. Please excuse me for saying "okey dokey."

Walrus, Maybe I should start wearing a shirt with Chuck Norris' face on it.

Kristen, double true.