Sunday, August 06, 2006

The end of the weekend already? *sigh*

Thursday night, Nikki started going into labor, I guess. But Friday morning I was informed she'd been sent back home to let her cervix thin out some more. As of right now, 4:10 p.m. Sunday, still no baby. Although I did have a dream Friday night that she'd had a baby boy, whom she named Lance Reed. I assume my subconscious combined Lance Bass from N'Sync and Austin Reed from Days of our Lives.

On Friday, Kristen and I spent way too much money shopping in Eau Claire. I bought this tasty green purse with black skulls on it, for a clearance price of like $14. I tried to find a picture of it, but I couldn't find one. :( Trust me. It rocks. We also ate at Olive Garden, which was dee-lish-us. And we heard people at a table near us joking with their waiter, and then the waiter goes, "True dat." It was hilarious.

Saturday we had brunch at Perkins before heading out to Hudson to find our hotel, Best Western. Despite requesting an early check-in, our room was one of the very last to be cleaned. So we basically got into our room about 9 minutes before normal check-in. As we got ready, we were lucky enough to find that Lance Bass movie, On the Line, was on TV. It's as lame as you would expect. Then we headed to Stillwater, MN for Mike and Jolene's wedding, which took place on a riverboat. It was a very moving ceremony. Jolene was GORGEOUS. Oh, my gosh. Her hair was fantastic, the makeup flawless, and the dress. Oh, Lord. So beautiful. And of course Mike was very handsome in his tux. He even hugged me and Kristen. Awww...

Kristen and I were kept entertained by two of Jolene's other friends from college. They were party girls and definitely had some interesting stories. Plus being on the river was so cool. We hung out on the deck for quite a while, just soaking in the breeze and the beautiful surroundings. Jolene's brother made mix cds for the entertainment, and I was quite pleased to hear "Thriller" by Michael Jackson.

This morning we went to Mike and Jolene's house for brunch with some of their friends and family. Then the newlyweds opened their wedding presents. I got them this, while Kristen got them a set of ice cream bowls, all tinted a different color, and some ice cream toppings. I think Mike was quite pleased. Jolene's mom asked, "What's your favorite ice cream, Jolene?" And Mike answered, "Whatever's in the freezer." haha

So, now I'm back home, and I'm exhausted. Time to go take it easy.

5 comments:

TOWR said...

Enough about this insignificant wedding--what did you order at Olive Garden?! ;)

Sounds like a beautiful wedding! I love me some mix CD, especially when it includes Michael Jackson. There are two kinds of people on this earth: those who like Michael Jackson and admit it, and those who like Michael Jackson and don't admit it. Either way, EVERYBODY owns a copy of Thriller.

April said...

hahaha

I got my usual, chicken alfredo. So excellent every time.

I actually don't own Thriller, but my sister has his greatest hits! I'm sure I could borrow it anytime I want. :)

Suzie1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
i i eee said...

Suzie1, you're much too silly.

The wedding sounds dreamy! Had no idea it was going to be on a riverboat. How romantic!

I hope things go well with Nikki!

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »