Saturday, August 19, 2006

101'd!

So, I know most of you think that I'm like the coolest chick ever, right? (Ah, keep your wise-guy remarks to yourself, Eric.) Well, just so you all don't feel so bad about not being as cool as me, I thought I'd level the playing field by revealing some little-known secrets. I wasn't always this awesome, you know. To prove it, and to celebrate my 101st blog post, enjoy these little factoids.

Top 5 Dorky Movies In My Current Collection:
1. The Adventures of Pluto Nash, starring Eddie Murphy
2. Galaxy Quest, starring Tim Allen
3. Bowfinger, starring Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin, and *gag* Heather Graham
4. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, starring a lot of people who should have known better
5. Stealing Harvard, starring Jason Lee *love* and Tom Green, who eerily looks like my step-dad in this movie

Top 5 Dorky CDs In My Collection:
1. 98* Greatest Hits~I wasn't a very big fan of 98*, but I did often steal the single "Invisible Man" from my freshman year roommate.
2. Coolio featuring 40 Thevz, the single C U When U Get There ~ I believe the first time I heard this song was with Nicole, on our way to a 4-day Christian rock fest. hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha Best line: "I ain't tryin' to preach, I believe I can reach, but your mind ain't prepared. C U when U get there." Oh, Lord.
3. Chumbawamba, Tubthumper ~ Come on, like you didn't jam to it. I would like to add, though, that I did not purchase the cd myself. It was a Christmas present. :-D
4. Chris Gaines, Lost In You ~ It's just the single...to a movie that was never made because the song flopped. And yes, I do like the song.
5. Soundtrack to the movie Beaches ~ Um...I have no justification for this one. I'm just a dork.

Dorky Books I've Read:
1. Everything "written" by V.C. Andrews up until high school graduation.
2. A lot of Harlequin crap, I'm afraid. Long before college, though. I know better now.
3. Chick Lit. My name is April, and I'm addicted to Chick Lit.

My Girlhood Crushes:
1. Michael J. Fox, in his Family Ties days.
2. Joey Lawrence, in his "Whoa!" days.
3. Jon Knight, in his NKOTB days.
4. Balthazar Getty, in his Lord of the Flies days.
5. Michael Pare, in his Eddie and the Cruisers days.

Secretly Love These Hip Hop/Rap Songs:
1. California Love, by Tupac Shakur and Dr. Dre
2. Shake Ya Tailfeathers, by Nelly, P. Diddy, and Murphy Lee
3. Mo Money, Mo Problems, by Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy, and Mace
4. In Da Club, by 50 Cent (I actually love most of 50's songs...I have a mini crush on him.)
5. Gold Digger, by Kanye West and featuring Jamie Foxx

So, there you have it, my friends. Dorkery at its finest. Of course, just admitting all that only made me cooler than I already was. But don't worry, some day you'll be as cool as me. If you try really, really, really hard.

8 comments:

N.F. said...

Summertime. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.

98 Degrees CD--I just donated that CD to the Goodwill.

VC Andrews--Ruby. I have it on my bookshelf AS WE SPEAK.

April said...

YES! Summertime...that's hilarious!

Ah, I remember Ruby. I was in love with Heaven and My Sweet Audrina.

i i eee said...

Congratulations on your 101st post! Yippee!

Seriously, anyone who doesn't like those rap songs, is probably lying.

Did I tell you that I added Eddie and the Cruisers to my Netflix list all because of you? Ha ha.

i i eee said...

By the way, I would so make fun of you for owning "Tubthumper" (despite it's gift status) but I do believe I purchased of my own free will, Lou Bega's ENTIRE album, with "Mambo #5." Which really, is somewhat catchy still, but the ENTIRE album?

What I wouldn't give to have that $15 back. ha ha

April said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Oh, Lou Bega. My friend Jessica thought she was so cool because her name was mentioned in the song.

redlaw said...

I love Tupac - there needs to be more Tupac in the world...oh wait, there already is, isn't there? I mean, he never really died, right?

Carina said...

I think we were separated at birth. What with the love for Fitty, hip-hop, and oh yes CHICK LIT.

April said...

Oh, it's so nice not to be alone in the world. :)