Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Nobody leaves this place without singin' the blues."

Today is my grandmother's birthday. I had a flower arrangement delivered to the house this morning. They're really pretty, light and dark pinks in a coral pink vase. I think she was a little disappointed, though, that they weren't from one of her kids instead.

Today a book was returned to the library, and the cover was hilarious. Although, probably only Krista will understand why. The cover picture was the inside of a room. In one corner was a wheelchair, and outside the window was a bird. The title of the book was "Petey." So. Freaking. Funny.

Last night Amanda was playing patty cake with Jersey, who wasn't really feeling well but insisted on playing. So Manda was holding on to Jersey's hands and making her do the gestures as she sang the song. She must have accidentally twisted Jerz's wrist or something, because Jersey started crying.
Manda: *kissing both of Jersey's hands and trying to soothe her* Whassa matter, Werz? Did you burn yourself on the patty cake oven?
Jerz: *sniffling, but feeling better* Do patty cake.
Manda: No. It's too dangerous.

I laughed till I cried.

And what's with these random guys from high school showing up and looking cute? It's seriously weirding me out. And I can't mention their names cuz Nicole will think I'm nuts. Unless she's currently having her baby. Nic? Are you still preggers or do you have a wee one finally? Anyway. The boy today was a year younger than me, but he remembered me. I never would have been attracted to him in high school, but now he has this Heath Ledger from "Brokeback Mountain" thing going on. Minus the homosexuality, of course. But you know, rugged, blondish, quiet manliness. Seriously. It has disturbed me.

Also, these boys are showing up only on the days I'm at my less fabulous (if you can believe it...haha). It's the Farmburger Conundrum all over again. Farmburger was the nickname we gave Krista's crush in college, for a more innocent reason than that he was meaty. Krista loved studying in the library because Farmburger normally showed up there. At one point, though, he rarely came at all. We had decided to go study at the library, but Krista was dressed in pajamas--too big flannel shirt and non-matching pants. She knew that Farmburger would not be in the library if she changed clothes and did her hair. She also knew that if she didn't do her hair or change her clothes, she'd inevitably run into the manly Farmburger. And since she'd rather see him than not, she went to the library in her pajamas and bed-head. Of course, there was Farmburger.

That's how I've been feeling these days at work. Do my hair nicely or put it in a pony tail? Put it in a pony tail, and here comes a hot boy. Have a face break-out, and here comes a hot boy. Take a bite of lunch and have Ramen noodles hanging down my chin, and here comes a hot boy.

Anyway, Krista and Kristen are coming to visit me this weekend, so it should be pretty fun. We're planning on drive-in food, window shopping, and Talladega Nights.

6 comments:

i i eee said...

Oh Petey. Reminds me of Dumb and Dumber and the parakeet thing.

Hot boys can only make appearances when you're at your least hottest. LAME. Total Murphy's Law, fo sho.

I hope your grandma has a nice birthday.

atsirk said...

*exasperated* Harry! I took care of it!

Burning yourself on the patty cake over - I laughed until I cried! That has to be the best line I've heard all week!!

Yes, Farmburger conundrum. It's a curse, and I see you've taken the torch from me quite nicely. I especially liked the Ramen noodles on chin scenario. You crack me up!!

April said...

Dawn, I don't know...but when you find out, let me know!

Meta, You got it. It's totally a Dumb & Dumber thing.

Atsirk, She was so serious when she said it, too. I couldn't quit laughing. Then Jersey stared at me like I'd gone cuckoo. Which I probably had.

Carina said...

I can't believe it! We've got no food, we've got no jobs, our pets heads are falling off!

April said...

yeeeesssssssss..... love that line. and also, "where the beer flows like wine." hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!