Monday, August 28, 2006

"Well, I was mauled by a cougar, I didn't learn nothin' but racecar drivin', and my Crystal Gayle T-shirt is ruined."

The weekend was a blur of Will Ferrell quotes, road rage, and gagging.

Where to start... Let's see... Krista arrived first and visited me at the library, where I pointed out that Tony's dad was there. I think he knew who I was, but neither of us acknowledged the other.

Then Kristen arrived, and we headed to Nikki's to see Aaliyah. (I promise, pictures soon. Today Blogger was being stupid.) So they both got to hold her. Then we rushed off for some delicious drive-in food before a brisk walk (well, brisk for Kristen, with Krista and I slowly following). And...then we got some bakery goods. On our way home, I got to point out the cute Heath Ledger-type boy, and he waved at me. *blush* Anyway, we ended the night watching Dirty Dancing and Superstar. After Kristen made fun of Dirty Dancing throughout the entire movie, she goes, "I liked it! I think I'll buy it!" Oh, and Kristen had a bit of trouble with one of her bakery items. See her for details. Then point and laugh. Oh! And I also offered them cheese and crappers. Yes, I said crappers instead of crackers. *sigh*

Saturday morning, Krista broke my grandpa's recliner. hahahahahaha It was stinking hilarious. It wasn't really her fault. We'd known for quite a while that the back was gonna go, and it just happened to be Krista who granted us the priviledge of watching someone scream as the chair back fell off.

Then, Gagging: Part 1. I was eating some frosted shredded wheat, from a brand new box, when all of a sudden I tasted something nasty. I spit it out into the bowl, and whatever it was, was bright green-yellow and mushy. It looked like shit. I kept spitting yellow slimy stuff, and ran to the bathroom, heaving and gagging over the toilet. I can't even think of the cereal without involuntarily gagging. Disgusting. I will never, ever eat shredded wheat again. Ever. In my life. Ever. Eeeevvveeerrrr.

Later, after Kristen finally woke up, we walked to a few shops around town, stopping in at a coffee shop for breakfast. I enjoyed a wild berry fruit-tea smoothie blast with two cappuccino creme wafers. Mmm... We stopped at a shop that reeked of body odor, where I got Jersey a little beanie baby doll. She loves it, by the way. Then off to Eau Claire for fabulous shopping. And by fabulous, I mean I got a bottle of shocking magenta nail polish with a skull on the front, a bottle of 3-in-1 shower gel, shampoo, and bubble bath from Bath and Body Works, and a button that says "I *heart* being awesome." It's true. I really do.

Lunch at Garfield's in the mall (Redlaw and I ate there when she visited, too!), dinner at Taco Bell. Talladega Nights in between. Pretty funny movie, despite the clips of humiliating the elderly and an overly long kiss between Will Ferrell and Ali G. Movie quote: "The room is spinning! I'm getting dizzy from all the gayness!"

We did have one incident of road rage. Some guy on a motorcycle pulled out in front of us and was driving really slowly. He started to turn but didn't use his blinker or do a hand signal. Kristen let out several short blasts of her horn. The guy turned and stared Kristen down as she yelled, "Blinker! Blinker! Yeah, use your blinker!" Then he flipped her off. Luckily, it ended there.

Sunday morning, Gagging: Part 2. Kristen walked out of the bathroom with a disgusted look on her face. She says to me, "Remember your shredded wheat incident?" I gagged and nodded. She holds out the plastic cap to her travel toothbrush. It was filled with mold. Then she said, "And I already brushed my teeth!" Yuuuuuck.

So we went to Target to lovingly spend our money. I purchased Underworld and Underworld: Evolution. Mmmm.... Scott Speedman.... *drool* We also returned to the mall for lunch (I know that you need to know where we ate...it's very important). Kristen and I both had Arby's (I got the delicious roast beef meal, she got a salad.), and Krista had Subway. She got...er...a sub.

After a bit more shopping, we were forced to part ways. *sigh* Such sweet sorrow and all that. You know how it is. I spent the rest of the night napping through my Scrubs dvd (disc 1) and flipping between the Emmys and HGTV's Design Star.

7 comments:

i i eee said...

Mmmm...Arby's....

Sounds like another classic weekend. Totally jealous...except for the gaggings 1&2 and the road rage.

Can't wait for pics!

TOWR said...

I'm so jealous of all the eating. When my friends from Germany come we **only** eat out. It's such good times. I actually teared up a bit reading that you ate at Taco Bell since that was one of our stops last time Schnipsel came. **sigh**

I was never a big Shredded Wheat fan to begin with, but you've just validated my decision.

Mark said...

I use the wrong word all too often lately too. I said "default" the other day when I meant "defective". It was horrible.

And the Gagging part 1...ew. I shouldn't have read that while eating cereal for breakfast.

and random comment of the day: Triple Berry Cheerios? Not as good as you'd expect. Not as good.

Kristen said...

Mauled by a cougar named Karen!

I'm still freaking out about the mold in my toothbrush holder. *gag* I feel so dirty.

April said...

Yes, you'd be surprised how gagging takes the fun out of a day. Or maybe you wouldn't be. It is, after all, gagging.

redlaw said...

Ew....yuck...I think you can sue Shredding Wheat for that whole Gag incident #1 - seriously - people have sued over far dumber things...now excuse me while I go vomit....

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!