Sunday, December 03, 2006

"All you need is the thing you've forgotten, and that's to learn to live with what you are."

You may note that I took Jolene's name off my list of links. It isn't because I don't love her anymore. Alas, she decided to take down her blog.

Anyway, I got to meet up with Jolene in Eau Claire yesterday for some Christmas shopping. It was excellent. I have very little shopping left to do. Not that I won't be tempted to do more. We walked through the mall, but I didn't get anything there. I did, however, start itching after trying the new lotion sample at Macy's. I had to immediately go wash off my hands. I also forgot that I shoved a perfume sample in my pocket, so now my coat smells like Juicy Couture. Or at least the pocket does.

We also met Jolene's brother, John, at TGI-Friday's for lunch. Interesting conversations, I tell you. Somehow we got on the subject of mucus, and John informed us that humans swallow three gallons of mucus and saliva a day. I really, really wanted to say, "Aw, I bet you say that to all the ladies." :) haha

Jolene and I were talking about dreams and meanings or symbolism behind them, and her brother goes, "Come on, Jolene. That's like, the weakest science ever." I replied, "Ever? What about Scientology?" Then he nodded like I was right.

Also, Santa Claus was sitting at the next table over. I saw him drinking milk. He told us Merry Christmas. He scared a little girl.

Jojo and I went to Borders because I had earned a 10% off shopping day, but I forgot that I'd earned Holiday Points, too, and I could have paid even less. Dang it. Then off to Kohl's, where I got my mom a stress-reliever neck pillow, scented with lavender and chammomile. And finally to Target, where I really wanted to get this for Kristen:

It's a Hello Kitty waffle maker. (Currently on sale for $15.) But it didn't fit with the theme I created for her present. Anyway, I'm done with her stuff.

It was fun hanging out with Jolene! She gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble, so I'm excited for my next trip up to Duluth. I'll spend every last penny on that card. In fact, I may be going up this coming weekend because Kristen and I desperately want to see the new Jack Black/Kate Winslet flick, Holiday. I know it will be excellent.



Also planning on taking in a college hockey game, which I haven't been to in years. And my favorite English professor told Kristen to let him know next time I'm in town because he wants to have dinner with me. After Kristen told me that, I dug through some of my old college things. Among my diploma and a Dean's List certificate, I found the letter of recommendation my prof had written for me. It was really encouraging to read his high praise and faith in me. I hope I do get to sit and talk with him again.

4 comments:

i i eee said...

I just hope that hag Diaz doesn't ruin the movie. She's totally up there on my celebrity hatelist.

Hope you get a chance to see your profressor!

TOWR said...

Jolene's brother sounds awesome! I would tell you should hit that, but only you know what's right for you.

I'm going to see The Holiday this weekend! Jude Law is my boyfriend. We hit a little snag when he slept with that stupid whore, Jessica Simpson, but we've worked through it and now I'm back to ogling and objectifying him.

April said...

"hit that." hahaha Such language, young lady!

Well, Jolene, he's not the only one who's single. I'm wondering if I've been spouting factoids? :)

Carina said...

Itchy lotion? BOOO.


Thanks for the Borders reminder, I need to spend my Holiday Points!