Friday, December 29, 2006

"Did you just make a Jane Austen reference? It's official. The end of days is upon us."

The final edition of 2006 letters.

Dear Librarian's Revenge,
Thank you all so much for introducing me to a new world of music. I've found some new favorites and revisited some classics. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Love, April

Dear 2006,
So long, you crappy excuse for a year. You gave us nothing but celebrity crotches, more impending wars, and Howie Mandel. Not to mention The Hoff. You hang your head in shame, 2006. You sucked.
Love, April

Dear 2007,
I have high hopes for you. Don't let me down. Or I'll kick your ass.
Love, April

Dear Readers,
What's the matter? Don't I cater to your needs? Don't I stroke your egos enough with my flowery words? Don't I make you snort soda through your nose with all my hilarity? Of course I do. So where's all the comment-love? You'd better get on track, readers. I'm not unlike Tinkerbell...fading without your belief. So if you believe in my funniness, please clap. Clap like you've never clapped before.
Love, April

Dear April,
Stop being a dork. That's your first new year's resolution.
Love, April

**********************
I forgot to mention this tidbit from the other day. When Cara and I were playing Totally 80s, I misheard the question she read. Conversation as follows:
Cara: *reading card* What celebrity said that her only memory of her Live Aid performance was stabbing Mick Jagger with her high heel?
Me: What? Stabby McJagger? Who the hell is that?
Cara: Stabbing. Mick. Jagger.
Me: Oh.
*5 minutes of hysterical laughter later*
Me: Oh, that old Stabby McJagger. Always good for a laugh.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a goofball. I hear you on the comment love. For some reason, I read like ten million blogs but rarely feel compelled to comment. I'm not sure why.

(N)

April said...

Yeah, sometimes others use up all the good comments, too. Like "Cool." Or "Totally." :)

John said...

Totally! *claps* I haven't been commenting when I've been visiting, but I have been laughing quite a lot.

TOWR said...

Hahaha! Stabby McJagger! I'm totally going to start calling you that from now on...

Hey! I comment! Hmph!

Carina said...

Stabby McJagger--he was HUGE in '84.

Who would have guessed that in 06 Howie Mandel's game show wouldn't be the worst one on TV? Have you seen Identity yet? It is AWFUL.

Sending the Bourdain love your direction...

j said...

The Hoff is out of control. Please 2007, let him move to a remote island where we won't have to see him anymore...

April said...

Mmm...Bourdain.

I did watch like 30 seconds of Identity. Who doesn't know Jordan Knight??? Come ON!!

Tusk? Are you the blogger formerly known as I Am the Walrus?

John said...

Yes. Yes I am.

jojo said...

I would -totally- comment more often if it weren't for those blasted word verification tests! Why do they have to be so tricky?

i i eee said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2007, baby!

May your year burn bright.