Sunday, July 22, 2007

Childhood and all its glory

Jersey tripped and smacked her head against the corner of a wall yesterday afternoon. We had to take her to the emergency room, where she received two stitches. However, she was amazingly wonderful during the entire process. Obviously, she was upset and crying for awhile after she first hit her head. But I got her calmed down, and the entire hospital visit was remarkably pleasant. Jersey was fantastic.
Today, though, she was a little rowdy. Her head didn't hurt, but her moods swung from pouty...
to angry and crazed (I threatened to eat her chicken strips if she didn't settle down and stop hitting people)...
to contemplative (She ate all her chicken strips, resulting in a full little tummy)...
to just plain giggly again. That girl wears me out.

7 comments:

i i eee said...

Awwww...I hope it doesn't leave a scar! ;)

April said...

It will leave a scar, but getting stitches will help to minimize it.

Kristen said...

I often do that after I'm done eating (second to the last pic).

April said...

haha Me, too. I also snarl when someone threatens to eat my chicken strips.

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! I love her fat little tummy! (Funny how it's cute on a small child but when it's on an adult... Hmph!)

I still think you beat her, though, and that's how she got her scar.

April said...

*shaking fist* TOWR!! You're next!

Marie said...

I was always jealous that I didn't have any great show-and-tell scars with stories that involved "splitting my ____ open."

My bellybutton's pretty massacred, but how fun is it to say, "I got a hernia?"

I think I'll go run with scissors.