Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Turtle Trot!

I entered another race, this time just a lovely 2-mile walk. My boss Carol walked with me on this mostly flat route. The sky was overcast with spots of sunshine, and there was a wonderful breeze to cool us down. This was what the route looked like about 30-45 seconds after the race started.



A picturesque walk through the countryside.



Quite beautiful, really, when the clouds would finally part for a moment or two.






That row of trees in the background framed a cemetery.



Horsies!



This is what the front of my participant T-shirt looks like. Carol called them gangster turtles. Did I even mention the race was called the Turtle Trot?


I plan to annoy everyone by starting a T-shirt trophy collection. Know of any animal-themed races? ;)

5 comments:

i i eee said...

Ooh, the Fishy Four, and now the Turtle Trot! Look at you go, woman!!! Yeeha!

TOWR said...

Haha! Turtle Trot. *wipes tear*

You're so my hero. First fish, then turtles--next thing you know you'll be running the Gazelle Gallop and then on to the Cheetah Chug!

jojo said...

Good for you!! Love the pictures.

April said...

Don't forget the Walrus Walk! hahahaha

Marie said...

Good for you! Exercise should be enjoyable and involve goofy t-shirts.

Don't forget to register for the Mike the Headless Chicken 5K. Unfortunately that's not until next spring.