Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'll treat you right!

Life has been a little crazy and hectic around here lately, so I haven't been able to post. I really don't have the time right now, but I plan on posting soon. Please stay tuned for a full report on Kristen's visit, my confrontation with The Devil, a new job opportunity, and a late night visit from my bitch-tastic sister-in-law.

For now, please enjoy this recipe for the best summer treat you could possibly find. I didn't think to take a picture until I got to the last piece. But, oh, so delicious!

Chocolate-Berry Cream Pies


* 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, softened
* 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) frozen cranberry-raspberry juice concentrate, thawed
* 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
* 3 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
* 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
In a large mixing bowl, combine ice cream and juice concentrate. Fold in 4 cups whipped topping. Spoon into crusts. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
Remove pies from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with pie filling and remaining whipped topping.
Yield: 3 pies (8 servings each).

6 comments:

TOWR said...

It looks tastah!

Can't wait to hear the news! I've been a lazy blogger myself. But HELLO it's not like I don't have a good excuse! Buying and selling real estate is a dirty, exhausting affair, I'll tell you!

John said...

April vs the Devil Round One! WOooo! Can't wait!

That cake looks too tasty to have lasted long.

April said...

*sigh* The pie did not have a long life expectancy, despite its freezing capabilities. Note: I didn't eat all 3 pies. I gave 2 of them away to loving homes.

atsirk said...

Mmmmm. Pie........ *drools*

i i eee said...

I just realized it makes 3 freakin' pies! Ack! Sooo much delicious pie!

Carina said...

You're saying this makes THREE pies?

One for me
One for Joe
One for El Guille

SOLD!