Monday, December 05, 2005

Loosey goosey, baby.

Okay, onto some lighter material.

I just rented a few movies for the weekend. Madagascar (it was okay, kinda cute), Sky High (really cute movie), and Land of the Dead. I only watched the first half of that one. I had a headache and went home (I was at Mom's). I bought a previously viewed DVD, The Amityville Horror. Because Ryan Reynolds is shirtless.

Mom and I went shopping Saturday after I finished work. That was pretty fun. It was nice to hang out as just the two of us. And then Sunday afternoon, Manda, Lil Jerz, and Nicky (Aaron's g/f) came shopping with me. We went to Wal-Mart. I know, I feel ashamed, but it's only during the Christmas season that I will shop there. My budget is tight. Nicky and I went into the mall to go to Bath and Body Works, too. I had a coupon to use, and damn it, I used it! :) Anyway, I'm pretty much done with shopping.

I also told Nicky all my ghost stories. She got really freaked out, so now she probably won't ever want to hang out with me again. :D

My Uncle Don was asked by another relative if he wanted 2 free Packers tickets. Which is a no-brainer since he's, like, obsessed with the Packers. The only thing is he had to choose between tickets on Christmas Day or New Year's Day. Anyway, my brother asked me yesterday who Don was taking to the game. Aaron wants to go since he's also a Packers fanatic. I didn't know, but Aaron is already going to a Vikings game soon. Then my uncle came to my grandparents' last night and stayed over. In fact, he got there like 2 seconds after I was done wrapping his presents (which are awesome! A blue fleece pullover {no, it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!} and a blue Fantastic Four T-shirt). I told him he'd gotten there too late to sneak a peek. Well, I think he felt bad that I got him presents, cuz this morning (early! Hello, still in bed here!) he came into my room and asked if I wanted to go to the game with him. I said yes cuz I've never been to a pro football game. So I'm excited! I don't know which game we'll be going to, but it will either be against the Chicago Bears or the Seattle Seahawks.

Um... I just listened to a 30-minute lecture from a retired Vietnam vet who looks like Mad Eye Moody. He had a hook hand, false eye, and forehead plate. He quizzed me on Vietnam. I did a lot of shrugging. He regaled me with hospital stories. He named off "famous" Barron County vets. He told me dirty Ole and Lena jokes. I thought he'd never leave.

7 comments:

i i eee said...

Sweet! I bet the game'll be fun!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get here in time to comment on your previous post, so I'm going to do it now...

Yes, I've been there (still there, in fact). And I completely agree that it is very frightening...as well as frustrating.

April said...

Meta, I'll probably freeze to death, but at least it'll make a great story in the after life, right? :)

Anon, Thanks. Whomever you are.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I didn't include a "Rapie" or any of my other signature terms to let you know my identity. I'm Anon.
:)

April said...

Exactly.

John said...

ooh! I've only watched one football game before and it was awesome! ((nearly got guilted into becoming a defensive linesman, but managed to wriggle my way out of that!))
I dunno why, but when you described the vet, I automatically thought of Patches o'hoolihan. :)

April said...

You know, there kinda was a resemblance to Patches. You're not off base there.