Monday, December 19, 2005

'Twas beauty that killed the beast.

Cara made the trip up from Texas. Last night she and I, along with her step-sister Kelly and Cara's son, Tyler, all went to see King Kong. When we got to the theater, Cara jumped out of the car to run and get tickets for all of us while we parked. We soon followed her in the theater (after Kelly thought she locked her keys in the car). As Cara gave us each our tickets, I heard a sudden bongo-type drumming. Yup. You guessed it. It was LOGAN up at the counter. I knew he was like, trying to pretend that he didn't see me and was just non-chalantly practicing for his air band, but you can't fool this gal. Cuz I pretended like I didn't see him, either, which led to him yelling, "Hey, April!" Even when I'm a bitch, people don't get it. So I was nice this time. I mean, he's never actually done anything to me, even if Sharon hates him. (Sorry, Sharon.) So we chit-chatted, while Cara's yelling, "April, what kinda chocolate you want?" I fake laughed, like, "What is this chocolate you speak of, woman?" I'm pretty sure I fooled everyone...er... And later when Cara came back from getting napkins, she goes, "That guy was in the hallway. I think he was looking for you." But Cara also likes to say things that aren't true, which is why she's a pathological liar and I'll have to give her a stern talking to.

Anyway. King Kong. Very long movie, 3 hours. Excellent special effects. Jack Black was brilliant, very funny in an understated sort of way. Some parts were super gross, and people were literally shuddering and gagging in the audience. One academic fellow behind us said, "Really, now, that's just over the top." I laughed. And the title of this blog was Jack Black's final line, and although he delivered it well, I can't take him seriously. So even though it's supposed to be sad, I started snickering, which made Cara start laughing, too.

Tyler was a little friggin' terror, of course. Kept bouncing in his seat, spilling popcorn, talking loud, had to go to the bathroom twice (well, it was a long movie), and randomly said stupid things. What a 5-year old. :) As Kong walked away in one scene, Tyler yelled out, "I can see his butt!" Which made the teenagers behind us crack up. Not so much the old couple in front of us, though.

I didn't really get a chance to visit much with Cara, though. Just in the car to and from the theater. I had to sit in the backseat with Terror...I mean Tyler, who kept sticking his head in my armpit and telling knock-knock jokes. "Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "Chicken." "Chicken who?" "Pot pie." *laughs hysterically* "Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "Snowman." "Snowman who?" "Sunshine." *laughs hysterically*

On Saturday afternoon, Nikki and I went shopping for hooouuurrsss.... It was a lot of fun, though. She's so much more grown up than either my brother or sister. And I made her laugh a lot, which is really what I live for. She bought Jersey the cutest pair of hot pink jogging shoes. So stinkin' adorable!! We had dinner at Culver's. I asked her a question just as she took a huge bite of her food. She made a face at me, like Hold on... I pointed at her and said snottily, "Now!" So she started laughing. Then she chewed for like a billion years, and just as she was about to finish, I sighed really heavily, like I was pissed off, which made her laugh even more. :D And in case you were wondering, yes, we did have dessert. Strawberry shakes. Mmm... And if Nikki told you that the straw got stuck to my lip because I had to suck so hard to get the strawberries through, well, she's a damn liar.

13 comments:

i i eee said...

I'm seeing King Kong tomorrow night. I hope all the gore doesn't bother my mom. :)

Kristen said...

*whine* I want to see king kong...and do jack black.

April said...

Yeah, Jack's TOTALLY doable in this movie, too. He's kind of a jerk, but still funny/hot.

i i eee said...

And what is up with this Logan dude? Talk about creepy. He's EVERYWHERE! Like God!

April said...

Yeah, it's weird. Suddenly there all the time. But it's really not creepy, because it's me showing up at places he works, not the other way around. I swear I'm not stalking him!

TOWR said...

Logan sounds like a wiener.

redlaw said...

Weiner - that is such a great word!!!

Funny Hermit and April will both have seen King Kong before me!! *whine*

April, what I wouldn't give to spend a day with you - I bet I'd have stomach cramps from laughing so hard...

TOWR said...

Redlaw, I haven't seen King Kong yet... **suggestive cough**

April said...

Favorite line from a book: "Did he just say wiener? What a wiener!"

Redlaw, I don't know...sometimes I'm so unfunny it hurts. But it's rare. ;)

redlaw said...

ah, Rachel, is that a date to see King Kong? Sounds good to me!

April, I think you are lying - you are never unfunny, just admit it now!!!

i i eee said...

*sniff*

King Kong was so good. But soo sad.

*sniff sniff*

TOWR said...

Monkeys have feelings too...

April said...

Meta, are you a bleeding heart kind of person? Because I basically just laughed at the end. Dang it, Jack Black! But I really didn't have an emotional connection with the story. I don't know why...
Then there'll be a Campbell's Soup commercial that will make me cry. I'm weird.