Wednesday, December 21, 2005

We both know you've got the worst reflexes of all time.

Someone found my page last night by searching the phrase "Ryan Reynolds shirtless." I aim to please. :)

Cara gave me my Christmas presents last night. She'd bought two old New Kids on the Block tapes and a T-shirt with an afroed karate man. The probably takes the cake for craziest presents I've ever received. So this morning while getting reading for work, I rocked out to "She's My Popsicle." It was hilarious. And a bit sad...cuz I knew most of the words.

Anyway, Cara finally got to see Napoleon Dynamite last night. I made her watch it. I knew she'd like it, but like I've previously stated, at my mom's house is the worst place in the world to watch a movie. We had Aaron annoying Nikki up at the table, and Mom telling him to knock it off. Then Tyler kept chasing Jersey around, and she was laughing hysterically (which was just cute). And every time there was music on the movie, Jersey would start dancing and then Tyler would, too. Except he stood right in front of the TV and wouldn't move. I had to rewind Napoleon's dance scene twice so Cara could actually see it.

And, in case anyone missed seeing SNL last Saturday, there was the funniest video ever. Chris Parnell and newbie Andy Samberg did a music video for the Chronicles of Narnia video. If you didn't watch it, here's a link for the video. Please enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/?v=zLElfJ9YCh0

9 comments:

i i eee said...

That video is so great! I was watching it all day yesterday. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you're not alone in knowing many NKOTB lyrics. I still bust out into random songs every now and then...no idea where they come from.

I love Napoleon Dynamite! Allen got a talking Napoleon keychain from a friend for Christmas and I'm so going to steal it. "But my lips hurt real bad!"

(N)

April said...

Stay home and eat all the flippin' chips, Kip!

Yes, quoting Napoleon has sustained me through many a boring day.

Kristen said...

or as krista would say, "Stay home and eat all the flipping Kips, Chip!" ha-ha.

Joshua said...

Lucky! I wish I knew someone who would give me weird, funny presents like that.

Do either of the tapes include that timeless anthem, "The Right Stuff?" That's the only New Kids on the Block song that I remember. Oh-Oh-Aahah-Oh.

Thanks for your comment on my blog by the way.

TOWR said...

Oh, April, you have just further cemented my girl crush for you. **sigh** How I love Napoleon Dynamite... And I am also the proud (and by proud I mean ashamed) owner of two NKOTB CDs myself. I only pull them out for nostalgia **nervous laugh**. (Keep your eye out for my next post! It runs along this same line.)

redlaw said...

I am so glad that it has become hip to like NKOTB again - they're "retro" now - YES! My neverending crush on Joey can continue to burn - no longer a secret!

And Napoleon is pretty rad - he has some sweet moves!

April said...

Yes, "The Right Stuff" was on one of the tapes. Although I already had that tape. *shamed*

Man, I didn't know so many people shared my love of NKOTB. Although, Redlaw, if you'd seen the episode of "Bands Reunited" on VH1 when they tried to get NKOTB to reunite for once concert, Joe was the biggest jerk ever! I was shocked at how rude he was. I did a post on it once, like a year or so ago, on Xanga. If I could figure out links for ya'll, I'd post it so you could read it.

kiki said...

That video is hilarious! It's one of the funniest things SNL has put out (besides weekend update) in a very long time.