Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Update

I just wanted to write a quick note to tell everyone about Nikki.

First of all, I am humbled by all of your care and concern. Several of you I have never met in my life, yet you took the time to pray for my family and show support. That is so awesome.

Most important, Nikki and the baby are doing fine. Apparently the equipment at the first clinic wasn't as advanced or updated as at a regular hospital. So when the woman couldn't find a heartbeat, she immediately sent Nikki to a hospital for tests.

At the hospital, the doctor found the baby's heartbeat instantly. The ultrasound showed the baby moving around, and Nikki got to keep two pictures. She's very happy and relieved, as I'm sure you can all imagine.

They're not sure why she was bleeding, but there wasn't any tissue along with it (sorry if that grossed anyone out), so it was okay. The doctor apparently thinks that the placenta hasn't dropped fully into its correct space, but he's hopeful that it will eventually. As of now, Nikki is limited to light duty at work and staying off of her feet.

Sorry to scare anyone. But I was scared, too. Our family is very happy and relieved to know that everything is okay. I hope we don't have any other scares like this again.

Again, thanks to every one of you who were so caring and kind. I appreciate it more than you could know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such relieving news! Whew.
(N)

redlaw said...

I'm glad everything is okay!

i i eee said...

Good to hear! Thanks for keeping us updated!

N.F. said...

So glad to hear that things are better--although, I know I'm not in the loop, I'm still glad and happy to read your good news. :)

April said...

Thanks, everyone. You've been awesome!!