Saturday, February 11, 2006

I feel ill.

You'll probably want to give me advice, right? Tell me that I should take (insert brand name here) medicine, get some sleep, take it easy. Tell me stories of when you were so sick, you couldn't even get out of bed.

No. You don't understand. I haven't caught a bug. I'm not sick. I feel ill, like the kind of ill when you walk in on your brother in the bathroom. *shudder*

Okay, so I've been crushing on John Krasinski, right? From The Office? And I was excited because he was on the Tonight Show Thursday night. He came out for his little interview, and Jay says to him, "Oh, you're a Massachusetts boy, right?" And John says yes.

So I get all super-duper happy like a preadolescent girl with her first issue of Teen Beat magazine because for some reason, I've always loved anything to do with MA. And, let's face it, John Krasinski is hot.

Anyway. Then John says, "I'm from Newton."

My heart stops.

Newton friggin' Massachusetts????

Why? Of all the towns in that state, why there?

Folks, my biological father is from none other than Newton, MA. I've never been there because he is not a part of my life. Also not a part of my life: any possible siblings or other family members on my dad's side.

So here I am, lusting after a boy who could quite possibly turn out to be a cousin or something! Ew. Gross out, people.

And then all I could think about after that was, what might have been? If my father had owned up to his responsibilities like a man, what might my life be like right now? If I'd gone to better schools, lived a different lifestyle, had less dysfunction to deal with... What opportunities did I miss out on? What might have been?

I'm not wholly unsatisfied with my life now, of course. I love my family and friends. But it would certainly be ideal to know that I'm not lusting after a long-lost relative.

9 comments:

i i eee said...

Oh dear. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

Maybe you and Krasinski are cousins...and I think in the state of California you can still marry your cousin or something, because damn girl he is HOOOOOOOOT.

I love the Office. And a funny thing happened. I asked my mom to Tivo an episode of it once -AND NOW SHE WATCHES IT!! And she got my dad to watch it too! This may seem lame, but my parents only like to watch Diagnosis Murder and other PAX crap, never something so hip as The Office!

Okay, sorry. This comment got out of hand. Well, if Jim happens to be one of your long lost brother, maybe you can at least get him to give you money or something. Ha ha....

John said...

April, if I could I'd give ya a big hug right now.

TOWR said...

Mmmmmmm Jim Krasinski. Well, if he does turn out to be your cousin I guess I'll just have to be the one to be naughty with him. I know it's a dirty job, but I'm willing to sacrifice--for you.

And if John were here to give you a hug, I'd cover the other side and we could make an April sandwich.

redlaw said...

April Sandwiches - yummy!

April, you are such a wonderful person! It's not fair to think that life has dealt someone like you some crappy experiences and a father who hasn't fulfilled his responsibilities to you. But I am impressed at how friendly and upbeat you are, especially given that you have plenty of reason to be disgruntled.

You're amazing! And I know you have a lot of people both in your real life, and on the blogosphere, who love you to death - I'm one of them!

i i eee said...

By the way April, I love you too. And I send out hugs a million times fold.

John said...

I have to agree with what Jolene said. Because it's true.

Kristen said...

Dude! If he's your cousin you gotta hook me up!

>:o)

April said...

Oh, my gosh! I totally didn't mean to get so much blog-love, but I'll take it. (So deprived...and perhaps a bit depraved.) I can't even believe how cool all of you are.

And if John Krasinski turns out to be a relative, I'll try and hook him up with one of you. I'll also make him hook me up with one of his famous friends.

Anonymous said...

lol, I agree with the 1st person to comment. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Sorry life has sucked for you but we all get delt our blows. You are hilarious. I wish I could be more like that. Look at how many people love you! :-)