Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Always the bridesmaid, never the lucky bitch who gets married.

A close friend of mine, Nancy, called me last night to tell me she's getting married in July. Then she asked me to be a bridesmaid. I responded, "Good thing I went to the gym today."


I would really love to be in the wedding. But it's in Pennsylvania. I don't know if I can afford to get out there. It's times like this that I really wish I could win the lottery. (Speaking of which, my uncle was one lousy number away from winning $250,000 last week. So close, yet so far away.)


I went to Curves, the fitness center for women, on Monday afternoon. It was great. Unfortunately, it's closing at the end of the month. Some people may take that as a sign to never work out again. But the owner told me that I could work out as much as I wanted for free until they close. I may check at other area Curves to see about their membership prices. Maybe. It really sucks because the Curves in my town is only a couple of blocks away from my house.


Anyway, I have now worked out two days in a row, and I didn't die. So take heed, fellow exercise phobics. If I can do it, Lord knows you can.


I suppose you were all wondering what happened on my trip to Kristen's for New Year's, right? Well, you know what they say. What happens in Superior...is pretty boring. :) We stayed in and drank Ameretto Sours with cherry juice and made bitter toasts. "Here's to bastards getting what they deserve!" "Here's to making out with hot boys this year!" "Here's to evil co-workers getting fired!" And so on.


Obviously, we did some shopping. Thanks to Kristen's member ship card discount, a sale price, AND a birthday gift card from Jolene, I ended up paying less than $20 for Season 2 of The Office. I also returned a terrible cat-print, too-small, flannel pair of pajamas that my grandparents had given me for Christmas and replaced it with a beautiful necklace. It's an onyx oval with a marcasite diamond pattern in the center on a silver chain.


Kristen won't allow me to tell you the embarrassing things she said. But I can tell you they were unintentionally sexual innuendos, made her turn bright red, and made me laugh a lot.


Kristen's parents also gave me a Christmas stocking filled with goodies, including those special shampoo and conditioners for brunettes, which I keep forgetting to use. And a book of Sudoku. I informed Kristen that I didn't think I would be able to figure out the puzzles. But I tried, and now I'm addicted. Me and numbers? Fun? Who knew?


I went to Bath and Body Works over this weekend and partook (is that right?) in their annual 75% off clearance sales. Look at this lovely overnight bag I snagged for myself. Love it!
Except, now that I look at the picture, I'm noticing the long shoulder strap, and mine didn't come with one. I'd better call to see if they have any others left. Drats.

6 comments:

TOWR said...

Amen to bastards getting what they deserve! I also partook of Bath & Body Works' wicked awesome sale. I always stock up on Wallflower refills and antibacterial handsoap. I now have 11 handsoaps in the queue and 2 in action. Maybe I should skip those next time... But 3 for $10?! Come on!

I've worked out nine days in a row and I'm not dead either! Go team!

jojo said...

Working out 2 days in a row, you're on a roll! Sucks that the Curves closest to you is closing, but good the others aren't too far away.

Hope you're able to get to Pennsylvania! Will she be pissed off if you can't do it?

i i eee said...

Whoo-hoo! 2 days in a row, rock on!

My sister loves going to Curves, so hopefully you'll keep it up, even with the nearest one closing. Awesome you get to work out for free right now, though.

Carina said...

Me too! Two days in a row. 'Course it was preggo-yoga, but it kicked my butt.

April said...

And now it's 4 days in a row! It's a Christmas miracle!

i i eee said...

Yay! Christmas miracle, yay!