Thursday, January 25, 2007

But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this blog...

Dear Grandma,
Stop baking. I don't even like carrot cake, but I will eat it simply because it's there.
Love, April

Treadmills are boring. Snore. That's why I have to listen to music while I walk/jog on my spiffy treadmill every Tuesday, Thursday, and if I'm not too lazy, the weekend. Today I grabbed my Elton John's Greatest Hits. Since I'm still a newbie on the exercise front, I only made it through four songs (or 20 minutes). I did jog for a full 5 minutes without stopping though. That counts for something, doesn't it? My super-short tracklist contained the following groovy EJ hits:

1) Your Song (who doesn't love this song?? Especially when Ewan McGregor sang it in Moulin Rouge. Mmmm.... Delish.)

2) Levon (Levon wears his war wounds like a crown. I wear my bruised ribs like an elderly person.)

3) Tiny Dancer (Reminds me of Almost Famous every time. Billy Crudup....sexy...)

4) Rocket Man (In case you also have trouble with that jumbled line in the chorus, it goes, "I'm a Rocket Man, Rocket Man burning out his fuse up here alone.")

I also stole The Other White Rachel's idea of putting stickers on the calendar for every time I work out. It's a fun way of showing myself how far I've come and how much work I've been doing.

7 comments:

jojo said...

There is nothing like a good exercize mix to keep you motivated. The treadmill is torture otherwise. I watch tv when I walk on mine, then make myself jog during the commercials. I'll let you know how that works out for me... If at all.

PS: Thanks for listening to me bitch last night. You're the best.

i i eee said...

Yeeha, sistah sweet! Just you wait, I'm trying to perfect my workout mix for you -but unfortunately the computer that has most of my music library got sick (different from my work computer) so things haven't been happening like they should. (I'm trying not to have a major meltdown about this.)

Speaking of crappy computers, I swear my work computer wasn't letting me see updates on some blogs, because I feel behind with your posts! Boo!

I like Jolene's TV watching treadmill routine. I HATE HATE HATE treadmills. You have no idea. Can't stand to even look at one. That's why I'm more of an aerobics/kickboxing/spinning class kind of gal. Even though it's not as convenient. But my point is, my hat goes off to anyone that can handle the treadmill for four songs. ROCK ON.

TOWR said...

Haha! My brother sings "Tiny Dancer" as "Hooold me clooser, Tooony Daaaaanzaaaaa." CRACKS. ME. UP!

Carina said...

Billy Crudup USED to be hot, until he left 7 month pregnant Mary Louise-Parker. Now he just looks all skeevy and junkie (can we use 'junkie' as an adjective yet?)

I like the sticker idea, it sounds fun (way more fun than being dumped for Claire Danes.)

April said...

Jolene, I really like your idea of jogging thru the commercials. We don't have tv in our basement, though. :(

Meta, I get behind on others' blogs, too. But that's probably me just being lazy.

Rachel, My uncle always sang that, too. My mom thinks it's the funniest thing ever.

Azucar, I was highly annoyed with BC for dumping his pregnant girlfriend, too. And yeah, he's pretty skeezy these days. But Almost Famous! I can't hate him in that movie...even though he has sex with a 16-year-old.

Chica said...

I love love love Tiny Dancer, and I sing the Tony Danza thing too!! I thought I was really funny and original darn it!

Gutted.

Congrats on the work out, hats off to you x

Sally JPA said...

I love Elton John, but if I worked out to those beats, it would be the most slow-motion exercise EVUH.