Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"It's not that we don't care, we just know that the fight ain't fair."

Even though I am a 28-year-old woman who can kick ass and take names, I live with my grandparents due to few work hours and lousy wages. And since I get to live with them rent-free, my grandpa thinks he gets the last word on everything in my life. From bills, to my car, to my friends, to you name it, he has an opinion. An opinion that he shoves down my throat every second I'm in the room with him.

Well, now his opinion is that I shouldn't go to Krista's house or the John Mayer concert in Madison (that I've been impatiently waiting for for months) because my car "might" break down. Because it might. Even though there's nothing currently wrong with it. "You might break down somewhere along the road, and there you'll sit."

Angry and annoyed, I drove off to work. I turned on the radio and the first words I heard were, "I'll be okay. I'll be all right." That was slightly comforting, but I was still frustrated and worried about not getting to see my darling John Mayer. Then who comes to the rescue? JM himself with the song "Waiting on the World to Change." After the song was over, I switched stations and found the song on again! Excellent! I decided it was a good sign. Then Cher came on and started singing the words "meant to be." Grasping at straws? Perhaps. But then just before I arrived at work, Daniel Powter came along singing "You Had a Bad Day."

So now I'm looking into other transportation options, i.e. Greyhound. Because God forbid I drive my own perfectly fine car. (I can't very well drive it now, can I? Gramps jinxed me. If I decided to drive it, it would break down, just so he can say "I told you so.")

******************************************************************************

In other news, Aaron and Nikki are still separated. Did I even mention that before? Hmm. Anyway, she's a slutty bitch who's turned apparently to lesbianism. Except she won't admit it. But she kicked Aaron out of the house, took away his cell phone, and is threatening that he'll never see Aaliyah again. And Aaron hasn't even done anything! She's the one cheating on him!

Then they have very brief moments of civility so they can talk. Then they argue and instead of working it out, she'll take it way past the line. For instance, on his birthday, she had him come over to spend time with her and Aaliyah. Apparently she'd bought him a cake. But guess what? Slut had a hickey on her neck, which she claimed was a burn from her curling iron. They got into an argument, and Nikki started hitting Aaron, smashed his birthday cake in his face, then threatened to call the cops. Classy. She also is trying to get Aaron to sign over all custody rights to her, and I warned him if he does, none of us will ever see Aaliyah again. I told him he's gotta get his act together if he wants any chance of keeping that baby in his life.

*****************************************************************************

Tomorrow Curves is closing, so I'll go in for one last work-out and get re-measured. Yesterday I weighed myself and found I'd lost 2 more pounds. Excellent. I'm not brave enough to post pictures of myself working out, like the delicious Metamorphose. But believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. I'm not saying it's easy, but it'll never get easier if I don't continue working at it. Already I'm amazed at the boost of energy I get after just 30 minutes at Curves. I feel like I work harder when I'm on the treadmill, but I know I don't burn as many calories.

Surprisingly, choosing healthier foods to eat is a lot simpler than I could have imagined. Not that I've given up chocolate. However, I haven't had fries in about 4 weeks, and I don't miss it. I'm also a diet soda convert. Who'd have guessed?

6 comments:

jojo said...

You should tell your gradpa there's no way you're not going to the concert. Since you already have the ticket, there's no turning back! Greyhound is terrible. It's pretty cheap, but that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

Ugh, maybe Nikki's hickeys are causing brain damage?

Way to go workout woman!!

TOWR said...

It used to drive me CRAZY when my parents wouldn't let me do something because my car *might* break down. Well, monkeys might fly out of my @$$, but I still get up in the morning. Lamest. Excuse. Ever. Go to the concert. I'm lifting the jinx!

I love Diet Coke. It's my reason for living, in spite of the very good chance that monkeys might fly out of my @$$.

No fries for four weeks?! You've got me beat!

Amazing what exercise does for you, huh? I'm 30 days for 30 working out, and I've never felt or slept better! Whoddahthoughtit?!

j said...

Clearly he didn't know it's the John Mayer concert! Anybody who knew it was him would understand.

Congrats on the exercising bit. I've given up sugar completely and it's killing me. So many things have high fructose corn sugar in them. Fresca and Diet Coke are my lifelines though.

i i eee said...

Oh my goodness, Gramps needs to take a serious chill pill! You've been looking forward to this concert for so long -there's no effing way you could ever miss it!!!

Whoo-hoo on the two pounds! HOT woman!

Nikki's such a whore, I can't even stand it -that sucks! Your brother should save up his money, and get a lawyer to get HER to sign away all of her rights. Because she doesn't sound like the best mom material, herself!

Carina said...

I hope your brother is documenting everything, specific dates and times.

I know how you feel with your grandparents; I'd probably start looking at greyhound if my parents said the same things. Dutiful, that's me.
That being said, take the risk! Drive your car!

April said...

I knew I could count on the support of the blog community. I feel so special.