Saturday, January 13, 2007

I shouldn't be allowed to use lighters. I was trying to be nice by lighting all 23 candles on the hot fudge sundae cheesecake that I got for Amanda's birthday. In return, I burned myself. I actually have a white rectangle shape branded into my thumbpad. Zowie! That mother hurt all freaking day.

I'm currently at work eating a cup of sugar-free jello, drinking Sweet Valley diet GT Cola (nothing but the best, right?), and listening to Back Tracks USA on the radio. Oh, the exciting life I lead.

Last night Amanda went out with a couple of her friends to celebrate her birthday, which was technically Thursday. Anyway, I was nominated to babysit Jersey. I really don't mind watching her, but since Amanda has her on no schedule for eating or sleeping, I hate babysitting until late in the night. Jersey is just a stinker when it comes to bedtime. I have to let her sleep on my lap, her little hands twisting my hair 'round and 'round until I want to cry, then gently ease her onto a bed. Then she wakes up and I have to stay by her until she falls asleep again. Aaron was there, but of course he was no help. He was snoring so loud I couldn't even hear the tv. Anyway, I woke him up around 11:45 and told him I was going home because I had to work in the morning. I feel kind of guilty because I was afraid Jerz would wake again and be scared because neither I nor Amanda was around, but hopefully she slept at least until Manda got back home.

Why was Aaron over at my mom's so late? Oh, because he and Nikki, always on-and-off again, are currently mostly off-again. Something about her turning into a lesbian. I don't know. I didn't ask for details because 1) I'm sick of other people's drama, and 2) those are details I just don't need in my head.

My mom had a doctor's appointment yesterday to check her lungs because of that chemical she inhaled at work. (Apparently they're just calling it bleach and pretending it wasn't any big deal.) Her tests turned out really, really poor, the results a combination of the chemical she inhaled and 20+ years of smoking. I think for the first time ever she was really scared of her future, so I'm hoping this time she quits smoking forever.

And some weirdo just called here with a relatively simple request, to get items renewed. But he has books from the system I use at the other library, not this one, the CA library. He decided he come here to call the CH library. I told him I could just call the other library and renew them for him, so he said okay. But he's still coming in for some reason. And just before I hung up the phone, he says, "So, uh, are there any single girls in CA?" Caught off guard, I mumbled, "Um...er...I don't...know?" He says, "Oh. Well, you gotta start somewhere, right?" So, now I'm a little scared. I hate, hate, hate that I work alone at this library.

I just looked up his name on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access system. Yeah...can we say sexual assault charges???

5 comments:

TOWR said...

Ewww, pervy man with a librarian fetish!

Well, I'd stalk you...

Carina said...

EEEEP! No like!

Also, no schedule? I'm a big believer in schedules, or at least routines. They're happier, I'm happier. Call me nuts, but mama needs to know that she's going to get MAMA time at certain times of the day or mama ain't happy. 'Course, I'm sure you're the choir...

Yay for Jolene!

i i eee said...

Creeeeeepy!!!!

Hope your burn heals well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your family is so much like mine. I love being reminded that I'm not alone!

(N)

April said...

Rachel, is it still stalking if I'm okay with it? :)

Jolene, my brother forced me to stick a knife in my purse. I'd rather have the pepper spray.

Azucar, I'm not the choir. I'm a fellow preacher. I try and try, but at the end of the day, I'm not the mother.

Meta, burn is gone. I anticipated telling my grandchildren a heart-warming story about not playing with fire. Hmph.

N, glad to be of service. :)